By The Numbers: 16

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest chrisnu

So very close between Covenant and Roosters. I must go with Roosters; the show-stopping ending puts it on top. One of my favorite sequences from MM, ever.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

This was a no brainer. I went with Covenant, easily a 5 star episode. I love the way this story plays out as Frank dismisses scepticism from everyone, including the accused killers own attorney, and persists in his quest for the truth. Even I was sceptical about their being another killer, and the episode is effective in making us wonder who it might be, including the deputy. I don't know her name or if she has done anything else, but I thought the casting was once again perfect when they chose the assistant coroner, or whatever the title was of the woman who assists Frank in his quest to find the real killer. I thought she showed a lot of courage in going around her boss and ordering the exumation. I also thought the actor who played Garry's attorney did a good job and was yet another example of some good casting. If there is one problem I have with the story, it is with the lead prosecutor. I thought his character was too closed minded, and seemed too insistent on disregarding anything that would mean Garry didn't get the death penalty. I guess that is just one of those things that makes for a good story, but as was the case in "In Arcadia Ego", some of the people in law enforcement are a little over the top and come across as blood thirsty or overzealous.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

PS, once again, the season three choice, in this case "Saturn Dreaming of Mercury" is very fuzzy in my mind. I swear, some of these season three episodes seem like I watched them about 15 years ago, instead of 6 or 7.

Guest Burnout
So very close between Covenant and Roosters. I must go with Roosters; the show-stopping ending puts it on top. One of my favorite sequences from MM, ever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ditto.

Guest madbrad

Allright, figured I'd make my first post on this board. Kind of shocked 'Saturn Dreaming of Mercury' hadn't received a vote before I stood up. One of the creepiest Millennium tales, a great show piece for Jordan, and contains one my personal favourite scenes (Frank's dream of hell). Comparing this to 'Covenant' which I found to be fairly dull (one of those Frank's right because he's always right Season One eps), and it's no contest for me. 'Roosters' was fine enough, but the ending, where the Millennium group takes out Odessa in under five seconds seems a little rushed for me. So 'Saturn..' it is, go my Season Three love! Will post later wherever the New people board is.

The ending of Roosters was, to myself as well, rushed, but given the choices, I'd have to choose that episode, barely. Not surprisingly, given the overall tone/theme/arc of the season, it suffered a bit from X-Files-itis, i.e. attempting to cram too many good ideas into 45 minutes of air time. Sufficiently evil atmosphere, but don't build up Odessa like the Invisible Creeping Monolith, then nuke 'em action movie style. The less we see of an evil we know is there, the better for dramatic TV, methinks.

• Elders (Moderators)
Allright, figured I'd make my first post on this board. Kind of shocked 'Saturn Dreaming of Mercury' hadn't received a vote before I stood up. One of the creepiest Millennium tales, a great show piece for Jordan, and contains one my personal favourite scenes (Frank's dream of hell). Comparing this to 'Covenant' which I found to be fairly dull (one of those Frank's right because he's always right Season One eps), and it's no contest for me. 'Roosters' was fine enough, but the ending, where the Millennium group takes out Odessa in under five seconds seems a little rushed for me. So 'Saturn..' it is, go my Season Three love! Will post later wherever the New people board is.

Welcome to the board, madbrad. I liked Saturn as well. As you say, a great episode for Jordan. And wonderful acting by Brittany. I wonder how much of what was going on in the episode Brittany was actually aware of - not too much, I hope, that could have given her nightmares.

A very intriguing episode.