The "btk" Killer

Rate this topic

Guest blondton13

I watched a documentary on this fart! Glad they caught the goof ball but how stupid is this guy to keep resurfacing all the time leaving clues? I believe he just wanted to be caught so bad, but the police couldn't get the ball rolling on catching him due to the time of the crimes and technology back then. It was just a matter of time before technology would catch up to him though. Now he will face the music and learn all about true love in Jail.

:smokin:

Guest blondton13
I watched a documentary on this fart! Glad they caught the goof ball but how stupid is this guy to keep resurfacing all the time leaving clues? I believe he just wanted to be caught so bad, but the police couldn't get the ball rolling on catching him due to the time of the crimes and technology back then. It was just a matter of time before technology would catch up to him though. Now he will face the music and learn all about true love in Jail.

:smokin:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Totally agree!! :makingeyes: I just don't understand why some of these people go out of their way to get caught . It boggles the mind...I would be interested in seeing some psyche evaluations in regard to this matter. Craving attention from the media--I understand. but wanting to get caught--don't understand. Is it their subconscious racked with guilt that makes them give clues as to their deeds and whereabouts? :u_thinking02y:

Guest Kelanth

Sometimes they feel like two different people, the one doing the killing and the one who despises what they do. A desire to get caught can be more a desire to be stopped, to have someone take an active interest in ending the vile things that they do.

Also, sometimes, it's not so much getting caught that they want as it is to gloat, to rub law enforcement's collective face in the fact that they have been able to get away with their crimes for so long. And sometimes, an arrogant person will finally do something to get themselves into trouble, or in this case, caught.

Guest fledgling666

saw this on America's Most Wanted, twice. i thought it sounded a bit like something we could include here, but forgot to mention it.

didn't here that he'd been caught, though, that's an interesting twist.

one thing i think about the reason for leaving clues is that part of him wants the recognition for the crimes he's commited.

the thing is.. it seems we all want rules and borders and an understanding of where we fit in the whole big picture

could be these guys really do know what they are doing is evil and need to let us know that they know it? of course there is the whole pychopath idea, but it is hard for me to believe that someone.. really, really doesn't know or care that what they do is evil.... but maybe that is good that I can't imagine it?

• Elders (Moderators)

I heard over the weekend that they'd caught the guy. I had heard that he had "re-surfaced" recently by sending messages to the press and the police.

I gather that the major lead the police got was that he had sent a message on a CD (presumably a re-write CD) and when they analysed that they found documents which related to the church he attended. So they tracked him from that.

Just goes to show that deleting files from wherever doesn't get rid of the evidence.

As for why he re-surfaced: well, perhaps he felt the need for the publicity. Pretty shocking for people who knew him. I've heard that his family are very distressed and have left the state. The key thing, I suppose, is why his adult daughter co-operated with the police by giving a DNA sample. Apparently, he's singing like a bird, now.

Guest blondton13
the thing is.. it seems we all want rules and borders and an understanding of where we fit in the whole big picture

could be these guys really do know what they are doing is evil and need to let us know that they know it?  of course there is the whole pychopath idea, but it is hard for me to believe that someone.. really, really doesn't know or care that what they do is evil.... but maybe that is good that I can't imagine it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those are very good questions..I don't think even the experts have the cut and dry answers to those. I think some of the problems in these people are biological-I truly feel that some synapses are functioning improperly or they don't possess enough of a certain transmitter, or maybe too much of one. I do believe environment plays a role, but I think biology is more of a key to the insanity. :eyes:

Guest LucyButler2000
I heard over the weekend that they'd caught the guy. I had heard that he had "re-surfaced" recently by sending messages to the press and the police.

I gather that the major lead the police got was that he had sent a message on a CD (presumably a re-write CD) and when they analysed that they found documents which related to the church he attended. So they tracked him from that.

Just goes to show that deleting files from wherever doesn't get rid of the evidence.

As for why he re-surfaced: well, perhaps he felt the need for the publicity. Pretty shocking for people who knew him. I've heard that his family are very distressed and have left the state. The key thing, I suppose, is why his adult daughter co-operated with the police by giving a DNA sample. Apparently, he's singing like a bird, now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, you can reformat cds, and hard drives all you want, all that does is delete the registry file logs. Let that be a lesson to you. If yer going to do stuff like this, make sure to use NEW discs, or evidence Eliminator to cover your tracks lol.

Glad they caught this scumbag though.

Now if they can get something on the 70's Zodia killer, that would be soemthing to see.