The "btk" Killer

Rate this topic

Guest blondton13

I wonder, too. If you had the answers for that, you'd be a really rich person since no one really does at this point. But I wish there was more data available to make a better informed theory, but until then, I have to believe that biologically something is not operating appropriately and threfore causes deviant behavior. That's all that makes sense to me right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have faith that science will one day answer it. The hard sciences like like math, chemistry, biology, and physics don't have the answer. The softer sciences give a lot of speculation but no solid answers. But you have faith that somehow someday science will get around to figuring it out?

We have about 4000 years of data on how humans treat each other. I feel pretty comfortable making a reasoned judgement that some people give in to evil. It's not very scientific, but it fits the data very well.

"the heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of" Blaise Pascal

Guest blondton13
You have faith that science will one day answer it.  The hard sciences like like math, chemistry, biology, and physics don't have the answer.  The softer sciences give a lot of speculation but no solid answers.  But you have faith that somehow someday science will get around to figuring it out?

We have about 4000 years of data on how humans treat each other.  I feel pretty comfortable making a reasoned judgement that some people give in to evil.  It's not very scientific, but it fits the data very well.

"the heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of" Blaise Pascal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, you gotta have faith in something, and science is my faith. But I know they don't have all of the answers, and may never have them. And I also know that other things contribute to everything in life, so I agree with you on other factors as well. My beliefs allow for a lot of different conditions, because I recognize that multiple things contribute. I'm easy! :rofl:

Yep, you gotta have faith in something, and science is my faith. But I know they don't have all of the answers, and may never have them. And I also know that other things contribute to everything in life, so I agree with you on other factors as well. My beliefs allow for a lot of different conditions, because I recognize that multiple things contribute. I'm easy! :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

far out

Guest exegesis

The man who wrote "Mindhunters", the founder of VICAP and the behavioral science dept at quantico, John Douglas, also wrote a book about the search and capture of John Robinson, who had been a serial murder for three decades.

This guy was just arrested last year, in Kansas. He adapted to every situation, using any technological medium available to manipulate the system, even using missouri and kansas to confuse jurisdiction.

the book is called "Anyone you want me to be".

John Douglas is a real life Frank Black, with all of the supernatural forsight stuff out of the way. a serial killer profiler who gets in the head of the killers. He writes some fascinating and disturbing stuff. all non-fiction

here is a link to the book

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/074...0039009-2107102

I personally thought the story of the hunt was good, but like Mindhunters better, as it focused more on Douglas and his career, rather than just rehashing murders.

Guest Kelanth
I've just had a look on Amazon at both these books - very interesting. I'll be adding these to my "Things to Read" list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just about anything with Douglas's name attached is worth a read. But you have to prepare yourself for some of it, cause it can be rough.

Although, I picked up a book the other day that goes so far at to say that the FBI's profiling technique is too slipshod and that the FBI has never actually caught a serial killer. Haven't started reading it yet, but I will update once have.

Guest blondton13
i have been known as the "BK" killer....i killed off alot of Burger King sandwhichs :tongue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet I'm more prolific than you are at being a "BK" killer!!! :gaba:

LOL!