Episode Music

Rate this topic

I don't have much in the way of MM music though I do have the itunes release (thanks to a chum across the pond buying it for me) and a few other bits....but....

There are various sounds taken from episodes that I have acquired and literally hundreds from Carters' 'other' show and all of them are named. I wondered how fans come across the titles Mark Snow gave his compositions, or, if they simply name them appropriately when they create their audio files. I have searched through a few sites with Mark Snow related information but there is little about his MM compositions....

Yet again I'm clueless....is there a definitive Mark Snow composition guide (though I imagine if each and every tune was documented it would run into the thousands.)

As for the Lamentation track that accompanies the board's homepage....sometimes it's nice to visit just to hear that track. Absolutely beautiful...

Till then...

'Open the pod bay doors, please Hal'

ethsnafu

Guest SouthernCelt
Old Man...in regards to the beautifully haunting piece contained in the flash banner, it is the beginning theme from "Lamentations", the scene is where Frank and Bob are hiking up the mountain in the snow...its a bit different, but still very nice...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To me the first bit of the piece sounds like one of the movements (I guess that's what you call the parts) in the 1812 Overture.

To me the first bit of the piece sounds like one of the movements (I guess that's what you call the parts) in the 1812 Overture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you could very well be correct...i have heard its a snippet from the 1812 Overture and also from The Nutcracker..although its melodic tone doesn't fit very well into what i remember the Nutcracker being....

post-1098-1116445878_thumb.jpg

Guest arcanamundi
you could very well be correct...i have heard its a snippet from the 1812 Overture and also from The Nutcracker..although its melodic tone doesn't fit very well into what i remember the Nutcracker being....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is one of the dances from that Christmas classic The Nutcracker Suite.

It is one of the dances from that Christmas classic The Nutcracker Suite.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nutcracker Overture?

Nutcracker March?

Sugar Plum Dance?

Russian Dance?

Arabian Dance?

Chinese Dance?

Dance of Reeds?

Waltz of Flowers?

anyone know which one?

Methinks me has an answer:

The piece is 'Overture - Solennelle "1812" op.49.'

Now searching for that forced me to absorb myself in music I wouldn't normally listen too, the rather refined sounds coming from my room have thus worried the neighbours. Now where did I put the Spice Girls cd..........

Till then,

ethsnafu