So Far, The Worst Disc...

Rate this topic

What's the worst disc of S1 and S2?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Season One, Disc Three is definately the worst of those choices. I love 'Wide Open' dearly but the other three are pretty bad really. 'Loin like a Hunting Flame' is a particularly bad episode.

Guest Frank L.

I also chose S1 disc 3. For me the episodes are average at best. The other two discs both have in my opinion at least one great episode. "Kingdom Come" and "Anamnesis" & "A Room With No View".

• 8 months later...
Guest ed2damund
I'd go with Season Three, disc one now. With Season Three, disc two a close second. :j_sad: The season is picking up, but it took a long time to get there. The only episode I'd really say I enjoyed out of those two discs was "Through a Glass, Darkly".

I completely agree with you. All of the season one episodes kept a certain degree of quality...but the first two discs of season three really had me losing hope. They were just losing me on every part...there was lackluster plot, acting, and implausible stretches in characters...a few actually had me nodding off, regardless of the gruesome images.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I completely agree with you. All of the season one episodes kept a certain degree of quality...but the first two discs of season three really had me losing hope. They were just losing me on every part...there was lackluster plot, acting, and implausible stretches in characters...a few actually had me nodding off, regardless of the gruesome images.

I can see what you are saying. The first disc wasn't that great by Millennium standards, but I found it to be a lot better by my second viewing, and it has started to grow on me more as I have watched some of the episodes 2 or 3 times. I actually have a lot higher opinion of the first two episodes than most, as I thought they weren't half bad and had some interesting ideas, such as the remote viewing. I have recently seen some factual material on "remote viewing", and believe it or not, it is something that many believe in, and it is something that the government has researched as a potentially useful tool. I actually kind of liked TEOTWAWKI, and found Closure to be a decent effort, with an interesting side story about Emma and her sister and childhood.

The second disc is probably a little better, but it is a strange disc, in that it has two of my favorite S3 episodes, as well as being two of my favorite overall episodes in "Through A Glass Darkly" and "Skull and Bones", sandwiched between two of the worst episodes in S3 and worst overall in "Thirteen Years Later" and "Human Essence". Normally I come pretty close to being in agreement with the Millennial Abyss ratings, but in this case, I think they were a little to hard on "Human Essence", giving it a 1 out of 5, and the 4 out of 5 they gave "13 Years Later" is laughable. I would have given both of them a 2.

I do agree with the person who said that season 3 started to pick up after the first two discs, as season 3, disc 3 is one of my favorites, and is followed up nicely by Antipas. I forgot what my vote was for worst disc vote, but I have to agree that S1, disc 3 and and S3, discs 1 and 2 are the top contenders.

• 1 year later...
Guest Ronaldo

Season 1 - disc 3 is poor. The other two I enjoy(ed), but I can never bring myself to watch the season 1, disc 3 - so timid. But Wide Open is a good episode.

Guest Sheree Dawn

S1, disc two: 522666, Kingdom Come, Blood Relatives, The Well-Worn Lock

with the exception of the episode which introduces Lucy Butler, I found the rest completely irritating and now skip over them when I am watching old shows

• 3 weeks later...

Never happened upon this before so many thanks Sheree for breathing a little life into it.

I went for Season One - Disc Three and found, for the first time, I actually voted with the majority which was a nice change. Unlike some others I wouldn't consider it a Disc I 'cannot' watch simply one that I don't return to very often, usually only because a discussion requires that I brush up on the episode's content.

Not bad, not brilliant would be my description.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest ZeusFaber

I went with S2 Disc 5, although as ever it's not a clear cut decision. "A Room With No View" almost saves it, and "In Arcadia Ego" could be worse. For the popular choice, S1 Disc 3, I can certainly see why "The Wild and the Innocent" would be down there in the doldrums a bit, but I find "Wide Open" and "Weeds" to be really rather good, and "Loin Like a Hunting Flame" just a little less so.

I would have nominated S2 Disc 2 to go up in the vote, with "A Singe Blade of Grass," "19:19," and "The Hand of Saint Sebastian", if it weren't for the truly excellent "The Curse of Frank Black" which single-handedly saves it.