Season 1 Guest Stars

Rate this topic

Favorite guest star  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest chrisnu

I actually think it's Dylan Haggerty. Solid choices all around, but my vote is for Jeremy Roberts or Richard Cox (Alistair Pepper) from "Powers, Principalities, Thrones, & Dominions".

Out of his supreme ability to be simultaneous overlording and snarky, and combine the two in a filmy residue that chokes the very life out of his enemies (well, except Bardale, I suppose), you have to go with Marshall Bell. What a great character actor.

Mike Starr, heh, Alice In Chains!

I actually think it's Dylan Haggerty. Solid choices all around, but my vote is for Jeremy Roberts or Richard Cox (Alistair Pepper)  from "Powers, Principalities, Thrones, & Dominions".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for catching that error.. I do appologise. Dyslexia and small print are a pain. :doh::ouro:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Boy, was that a tough one. I went with Jeremy Roberts from Thin White Line, but there a ton of good choices here. Not to be critical, but I would have thrown in Alex Diakun as Dr. Ephraim Fabricant, although I don't think it would have changed my vote. I might have also included Brad Dourif as Dennis Hoffman as an option, but you can't very well include every single good guest, or the poll would be 4 pages long. Anyway, Marshall Bell as the Judge, Richard Cox as Alistair Pepper, Van Quattro as Willi Borgsen, and Jo Anderson as Claudia Vaughn, rank high as well, possibly even in that order for me. Also Paul Dillon as the Frenchman, James Morrison as Jim Horn, and Joe Chrest as Raymond Dees, get an honorable mention for worthy efforts. Sooo many to choose from. PS, I would have included

John Finn as William Garry, but in the scene where he finds his family members dead, I don't think he does that great with his parts where he is supposed to be distraught and crying. I think he could have used a little coaching there. :jumping:

• 2 years later...
Guest Laurent.

Sorry to bring this thread to life but couldn't stop myself from voting when it showed up in "view new posts"... (seems like all polls showed up with no apparent reason today... strange).

I voted for Jeremy Roberts [ Thin White Line] giving him a comfortable advance of one vote on Marshall Bell [ The Judge]; which should come third in my book... just behind James Morrison [ Dead Letters]. Yet I always have a hard time comparing actors with one another... I think I based my vote too much on the character and not enough on the interpretation.. couldn't help it! For my defense, I guess acting is as important as writing when it comes to make a character interesting and real.

edit: I agree with MillenniumIsBliss; Brad Dourif should have been in the choices. Not especially for his role in Millennium but only because he's one of my favorite actors (mainly because of his performance in X-Files' «Beyond the Sea»)

Edited by Laurent.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Sorry to bring this thread to life but couldn't stop myself from voting when it showed up in "view new posts"... (seems like all polls showed up with no apparent reason today... strange).

I voted for Jeremy Roberts [ Thin White Line] giving him a comfortable advance of one vote on Marshall Bell [ The Judge]; which should come third in my book... just behind James Morrison [ Dead Letters]. Yet I always have a hard time comparing actors with one another... I think I based my vote too much on the character and not enough on the interpretation.. couldn't help it! For my defense, I guess acting is as important as writing when it comes to make a character interesting and real.

edit: I agree with MillenniumIsBliss; Brad Dourif should have been in the choices. Not especially for his role in Millennium but only because he's one of my favorite actors (mainly because of his performance in X-Files' «Beyond the Sea»)

I actually like the fact that you resurrected this poll. It's a great poll and I'm really surprised it has only gotten 10 votes to far. Hopefully a few newbies will join in, as well as some of the crusty old members like myself who haven't voted. The fact that they did a flawless job casting in S1, along with the fact that the actors they chose came through with fantastic performances really contributed to this being the best show I had ever seen at the time. For me, it remains the best show I have ever seen, although personally I thought S2 bumped it up yet another notch....... but I don't want to open up that can of worms again. :nope::oneeyedwinK

Guest Laurent.
For me, it remains the best show I have ever seen, although personally I thought S2 bumped it up yet another notch....... but I don't want to open up that can of worms again. :nope::oneeyedwinK

Are you talking about the entire show or just about the guest stars casting? Because as far as the casting of guest stars is concerned I think season 1 was unquestionably the best of all three. Now if we have to talk about the overall quality of the show I don't think there is anything to be said that could ever close this endless discussion... yet it could be cool to talk about some of the guest stars choices and how the different seasons approached this delicate, yet essential, part of the show.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Are you talking about the entire show or just about the guest stars casting? Because as far as the casting of guest stars is concerned I think season 1 was unquestionably the best of all three. Now if we have to talk about the overall quality of the show I don't think there is anything to be said that could ever close this endless discussion... yet it could be cool to talk about some of the guest stars choices and how the different seasons approached this delicate, yet essential, part of the show.

I was referring to the show overall, but it would be interesting to compare S1 and S2 as far as casting of guest stars. All three seasons had some great guests, but without giving it a lot of thought, I think you might be right, it's probably S1.