Jump The Shark

Rate this topic

Guest blondton13

Very interesting!! I must admit, the points made about the changes from S2 to S3 make good sense. I actually agree with the premise that although I love MM and there were some great eps in S3, they dropped the ball when they swept the religious theme under the rug. I'm sorry-I feel guilty saying this!! But some well made points. :angry::cry:

Great find! Thanks, Joe! I tend to agree with a lot of the openions expressed there, mainly about season 3, but I don't think CC is a pervert for putting strippers in the first episode. The person who thinks that obviosly already has their mind in exactly that place, if they can't see past that into the meaning behind the whole thing.

Guest blondton13
Great find!  Thanks, Joe!  I tend to agree with a lot of the openions expressed there, mainly about season 3, but I don't think CC is a pervert for putting strippers in the first episode.  The person who thinks that obviosly already has their mind in exactly that place, if they can't see past that into the meaning behind the whole thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:signlol: I agree with that! That person must be a perv, too, then, cuz they sat there and watched it! Pot calling the kettle black....I think many of the posts that stated the show was a little too deep for your "average Joe" (not YOU, Joe) were right on target. I remember when I watched it in the beginning and made comments to people about it, they gave me this blank look and basically said "I don't get it." Not to blow smoke up our own butts, but I think it takes a keen intellectual mind to appreciate the intricacies of MM!

....This is who we are :ouro:

Guest Frank Black

Ok I dunno what that site was all about :angel:

But some of this guys points were exactly how I felt towards Millennium's seasons :clapping:

Some things that I think are dead wrong

*"The 3rd and last year was a sad failure, yet surprisingly Millennium was still the one show I would drop everything to watch. The addition of Andy the Gerbil FBI man was absolutely maddening! This guy was competent MAYBE to be a school crossing guard - and that is only if it wasn't a busy street."

Sorry I thought that actor was great as the FBI director

*"The end of the 2nd season. Megan Gallagher left the show. The piss poor actress Klea Scott came in as Frank's "brain-dead" partner for the 3rd season.

when they did the season ender where the world was seemingly coming to an end, then they turned franks hair white "

Piss poor :arguing::eyes:

Excuse me sir, but I happened to belive she did a fabalous job on millennium, you may not like her but piss poor?!?!??!!?

And yeah I agree Season 3 had some excellent episodes. But somewhere between the lines his saying Carter ignored season 2 ?!??!? I don't agree I think s3 had some millenniumstic episodes as well, so did season 1. And yeah Season 1 was the best, yet I love s2,and s3, here I go again :kissypoo:

they gave me this blank look and basically said "I don't get it." Not to blow smoke up our own butts, but I think it takes a keen intellectual mind to appreciate the intricacies of MM!

....This is who we are :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A keen intellectual mind was the downfall of the show. America is dumb and/or has no taste whatsoever for quality TV. We all know if CC had more strippers on the show, it'd still be on. You see what's on Fox when they're not showing the rare quality program. Sorry for preaching to the choir, all. :tongue: