Start-up Sound

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

There is one my friend has on her comp but I have not heard it in person [ only over the phone] I will see if I can get the URL from her and will post it here. She also had Lara's 'open the pod bay doors Hal' and Peter's something about God or something.. give me a few days.. or if someone else is faster.. go for it :clapping::ouro:

Guest LeHah
She also had Lara's  'open the pod bay doors Hal' and Peter's something about God or something...

Peter's sign-on was "Oh my God, it's full of stars!" which was the last piece of dialouge in 2001: A Space Oddisey. It's not in the movie, but kept in the novelization. It's astronaut Dave Bowman's reaction to seeing inside the Monolith orbiting Jupiter.

Guest SouthernCelt
Peter's sign-on was "Oh my God, it's full of stars!" which was the last piece of dialouge in 2001: A Space Oddisey. It's not in the movie, but kept in the novelization. It's astronaut Dave Bowman's reaction to seeing inside the Monolith orbiting Jupiter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wondered where that came from. I saw the 2001 movie (have it on tape somewhere) but never read the book.

• 6 months later...
Guest David.Marx
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wondered where that came from. I saw the 2001 movie (have it on tape somewhere) but never read the book.

Odd that Roedecker chose to use 2001 quotations for both Lara and Peter. And yet so many classics of 70s sci-fi to choose from.

Personally I think Brian should have used Charlton Heston classics for them all (Planet of the Apes, The Omega Man).

I've said it before and I'll say it again - great forum.

Edited by David.Marx

• Elders (Admins)

Hi David,

I wonder if the use of 2001 was because it was a cult film, the kind Roedecker was into or because it was the date of the actual Millennium according to some people, including myself? I could start a whole new topic on whether Fox would have presented the events of Millennium as being in 2000 or 2001!

Thanks for the compliments!

Graham :ouro:

Hi David,

I wonder if the use of 2001 was because it was a cult film, the kind Roedecker was into or because it was the date of the actual Millennium according to some people, including myself? I could start a whole new topic on whether Fox would have presented the events of Millennium as being in 2000 or 2001!

Thanks for the compliments!

Graham :ouro:

"No one likes a math-geek, Scully."

LOL! J/K I agree totaly, Graham. :tongue: