Words Of A Prophet Or A Mad Man?

Rate this topic

Archer

OMG.. too funny.. not many people remember 'Mr Ed' ...  :clapping:  :rofl:  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember watching reruns of that growing up. My kids had no idea

what the hell I was talking about, so I had to explain about show with the talking horse. Of course, they then said TV used to be really weird, dad. :wink:

Guest SouthernCelt
I remember watching reruns of that growing up. My kids had no idea

what the hell I was talking about, so I had to explain about show with the talking horse. Of course, they then said TV used to be really weird, dad.  :wink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It always amazes me that kids today think talking sponges, purple dinosaurs and the like are normal but can't see the humor or uniqueness in a show that seemed to make a horse speak to his owner.

I just bought the DVDs of the first season of a TV show that my younger son (he's 23) thinks is so archaic -- The Greatest American Hero. So far I've watched the pilot and 1st series episode and while the series shows its age (hair styles, clothes) it's still pretty amusing. One of the things I'd somewhat forgotten was that practically every episode had at least one original 80s style rock song created for the story and played as setting or mood music. Of course the main theme was a big hit when the show first premiered. Anybody else remember this one?

Guest blondton13
It always amazes me that kids today think talking sponges, purple dinosaurs and the like are normal but can't see the humor or uniqueness in a show that seemed to make a horse speak to his owner.

I just bought the DVDs of the first season of a TV show that my younger son (he's 23) thinks is so archaic -- The Greatest American Hero.  So far I've watched the pilot and 1st series episode and while the series shows its age (hair styles, clothes) it's still pretty amusing.  One of the things I'd somewhat forgotten was that practically every episode had at least one original 80s style rock song created for the story and played as setting or mood music.  Of course the main theme was a big hit  when the show first premiered.  Anybody else remember this one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Believe or not, I'm walkin' on air

Never thought I could feel so fre-ee

Flying away on a wing and a prayer

OOh, could it be?

Believe it or not it's just me!"

I used to love the Greatest American Hero!!! Sometimes I still sing the song...I've tried to explain the premise of the show to my daughter, but I get that blank CGI overuse look. Where did you find the DVD's????Where, Where? Where?? I'm so excited; haven't heard the name of that show spoken in years!! Bless you-give me some info!! :notworthy:

Guest Burnout
Makes me wish I could master the art of the cold read. Then I could get rich too.

Too vague and easily misconstrued. But still fun to read.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make a few now for the year, and see if you have the "GIFT!"

big hit  when the show first premiered.  Anybody else remember this one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it's necessarily that, but merely that their old man remembers such a show. Their kids will be doing the same thing to them. "You had a show with a cartoon sponge and starfish?"

I remember that, but never really watched it much. I do recall the live action

Spider Man from the late 70s and of course, Wonder Woman. Lynda Carter was such the babe back then.

Guest SouthernCelt
"Believe or not, I'm walkin' on air

Never thought I could feel so fre-ee

Flying away on a wing and a prayer

OOh, could it be?

Believe it or not it's just me!"

I used to love the Greatest American Hero!!! Sometimes I still sing the song...I've tried to explain the premise of the show to my daughter, but I get that blank CGI overuse look. Where did you find the DVD's????Where, Where? Where?? I'm so excited; haven't heard the name of that show spoken in years!! Bless you-give me some info!! :notworthy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found my copy at Walmart. I always try to pass by the DVD section when I have to go there and happened to see S1 on the "collections" rack. I'm not averse to buying such stuff from Amazon or the like but I find it hard to beat Walmart prices on anything but new releases of big movies. I've gotten a number of older great movies for as cheap as $6-$7 each. Even relatively recent releases come down in price pretty quick once the "new" wears off. Found the expanded (2-disc) version of "Cold Mountain," which has a lot of "making of" segments, deleted scenes, and special interviews and a stage show focusing on the music, for less than $14.