Kolchak Series To Dvd 10/4/05

Rate this topic

Guest Kolchak

Guest Kolchak

TVSHOWSONDVD.COM is reporting the following. I sure hope it's true.

Kolchak: The Night Stalker - At long last! Well, according to one source, anyway.

Posted by David Lambert

3/14/2005

The folks at The Sci Fi Channel run a great website. Not only does it cover and promote shows and events tied to the cable network, but it truly reaches out to science fiction fans with genre-related info that may not be directly related to their broadcasts. One of the cool things at their site along those lines is the Events Calendar. It lists dates for SciFi channel events like premieres of special shows and so forth, but also lists film openings, convention dates, book releases...and now DVD release dates as well, it seems.

Many of the DVD's you'll find on their master list are for releases we've already talked about, including the dates of all four seasons of Enterprise. The big surprise, though, are some end-of-the-year release dates for 5 highly anticipated sets from Univesal Studios Home Video!

Kolchak, The Night Stalker is one of those titles, and the SciFi.com events calendar is reporting a 10/04/2005 release date for it!

We tried to get Universal to comment on this, but they would neither confirm nor deny that schedule. What came up is that, if this DID represent the current plans for that set's release, we have to realize that plans can always change. Nothing that far off is set in stone, and we think our readers here at TVShowsOnDVD are among the best on the 'Net at realizing that. Still, it's good to know that it's that much on the radar, and even if that doesn't turn out to be the exact date, it seems to be coming!

Our thanks to two readers who tipped us off to these items being on the schedule: Michael Dormany and Jason Shanker. Stay tuned, and we'll keep you posted about this title, and the others on that listing, as soon as we hear more!

Someone must have finally woke up and smelled the toast burning with  all those bootleg copies selling on eBay :tongue:  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The corporate suits by now should know that cult TV sells, but better

late than never. In some twisted way, Gordon Gecko was right.

Greed IS good. :gaba:

• 1 month later...
Guest Kolchak
Great news! :clapping:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm starting to get a little worried that we all got excited for nothing. I was on the SciFi channel events calendar web page this morning and didn't like what I saw. The listing for the Kolchak DVD release has been removed from the the October 2005 events calendar. Maybe I'm a glass half empty kind of guy, but I don't like the smell of this.

Guest Kolchak
I'm starting to get a little worried that we all got excited for nothing.  I was on the SciFi channel events calendar web page this morning and didn't like what I saw.  The listing for the Kolchak DVD release has been removed from the the October 2005 events calendar.  Maybe I'm a glass half empty kind of guy, but I don't like the smell of this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just wanted to add to my previous post.

I heard from Gord Lacy from TVShowsonDVD.com. He responded to my e-mail in the following fashion....

I don't know what's going on there, I just know that Sci-Fi was asked

to remove it.

Gord