Kolchak Series To Dvd 10/4/05

Rate this topic

Guest Kolchak

Guest Kolchak
Interesting!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It sounds like it is really going to happen. Tvshowsondvd.com had the following posted today. It says season 1, but that is all there ever was. So I assume it will be the complete series.

Kolchak: The Night Stalker - From the VSDA floor - Season 1 date

Posted by Gord Lacey

7/28/2005

I've been at the VSDA (Video Software Dealer's Association) show in Las Vegas all week, and I heard some great news from some rental stores that had meetings with Universal. The studio has plans to release the first season of Kolchak: The Night Stalker on October 4, the same day as Alfred Hitchcock Presents (and the same date we posted last March). We'll have more information when the title is officially announced.

Guest zombieromero

Is it the orginal series or is it the remake that they are making? I want the original ones before the remake.

:ouro:

Guest Kolchak
Is it the orginal series or is it the remake that they are making? I want the original ones before the remake.

:ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was in regard to the original from the 1970's. Sorry for the confusion.

Guest zombieromero

Cool, I was just wondering thats all. So how many seasons of ther original series were there?

Guest Kolchak
Cool, I was just wondering thats all. So how many seasons of ther original series were there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only 1 season was ever made. It was comprised of twenty - 1 hour episodes.

There were also two made for TV movies that aired prior to the series called The Night Stalker and The Night Strangler. These are already available on DVD.

Guest zombieromero

Thanks Kolchak!

I wonder if the TV films will be released in any kind of special edition form?

Anyway I for one will be getting this boxset when it comes out. Who else will purchase it?

Guest Kolchak
Thanks Kolchak!

I wonder if the TV films will be released in any kind of special edition form?

Anyway I for one will be getting this boxset when it comes out. Who else will purchase it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will definitely pre-order it as soon as it is available.

As for special editions, I doubt it. MGM just released the double feature version of the 2 TV movies late in 2004 with some added interviews as special features. You can pick it up for less than $10 from several online vendors. I highly recommend it, if you don't already have it.

Guest zombieromero

Once again thanks Kolchak!

I will definately get the TV films and watch them before I get the series.

Guest Kolchak

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you do get to see the 2 TV movies, let me know what you think of them.

The Kolchak character in the TV movies is a little more serious than the TV series character and has a girlfriend. I guess maybe they just have a little more time for plot and character development.

But I love the movies and the series. I hope I enjoy the new ABC series half as much.

Guest Kolchak

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is the official scoop on the series release in October.....

Kolchak: The Night Stalker - Officially Announced for Oct **Updated**

Posted by Gord Lacey

8/10/2005

Universal has officially announced Kolchak: The Night Stalker for release on October 4, the date we reported a few weeks ago.

This 3 disc set will include all 20 episodes of the series (1028 mins), but not the 2 TV movies which MGM released last year. Specs include a Full Frame (1.33:1) transfer, and English mono audio, along with English/Spanish subtitles. The set will be packaged in 3 slim cases with an outer box to hold them together. The suggested retail price is $39.98 (this has been updated from the initial news item).

There isn't any word on extras for the set, and cover art isn't available, but will be posted as soon as we get it.

Link to this page:

https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3876

All news for this show:

https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=2625

More info on this show:

Kolchak: The Night Stalker

Copyright 2001-2005 TVShowsOnDVD.com - Contact us