Your Favorite Season of MillenniuM

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Your Favorite Season of MillenniuM  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest A Stranger
Hey, I got to say series two because its more about Frank than anything and it starts to draw us more into the whole freaky business of the group. I must admit wanting to slap Katherine a few times though, I mean what was her problem? If Id been strung up like that believing my child was dead on the floor, and my husband didnt kill the freakshow, I would then divorce my husband.

Yeah, Katherine was kind of a ***** in season two, which took away from the plotline of she and Frank's seperation and then death. I felt worse about everything in season three, where it was delt with better. She's suposed to be the one who truly understands Frank and this didn't really come through enough. They started acting like they were divorced which is why Catherine's statement in "Anemnesis" that their seperation made them stronger was very strange.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Come on everybody, Catherine was perfectly justified in wanting to bolt; what with the whole kidney in the fridge incident, and the polarid stalker. His Alpha/Omega speech is one of the most distressing scenes of all, I think. Catherine runs from Frank because she does'nt want to go through that again. Perhaps she's being a tad selfish. Frank is half a man without her; but she certainly isn't being a *****.

Guest chrisnu

I agree with PMO. After being tortured and watching someone close to me brutally stab someone else to death, be it in self-defense or not, I think I would need some time alone to deal with the trauma. It may be selfish, but I thought Catherine's actions were realistic.

Guest Europa

I'm new here, but I had to add a thought on ol' Catherine. Her character gave me a case of nerves. She seemed to find fault with everything Frank did. I found that so annoying. I just got thru watching "Midnight Of The Century" where she's claiming that things are changing between them (well, duh!) and how Jordan comes first. It's the way she just refuses to even try to acknowledge Franks's concerns or thoughts. They are brushed away with angry words. I'll never forget when she pushed him in one episode. I have to go thru my dvd's and find that one. She shoves Frank and I just cringe inside. It's the idea that she results to physical violence too. Anyhow...Does anyone else like Frank's Dad? I really liked the character.

1welcom.gif

I agree. At times, Catherine's non-supprtiveness got on my nerves, too. Occasionaly, though, I'd see glimmers of hope. Like the scene in the bathroom in "Powers, Principalities, Throans, and Dominions", when she finaly acknowledged that he needed to go back to work..."It's who you are." She said.

I don't remember her ever shoving him. When you find that ep., let me know.

Guest A Stranger
1welcom.gif

I agree.  At times, Catherine's non-supprtiveness got on my nerves, too.  Occasionaly, though, I'd see glimmers of hope.  Like the scene in the bathroom in "Powers, Principalities, Throans, and Dominions", when she finaly acknowledged that he needed to go back to work..."It's who you are." She said.

I don't remember her ever shoving him.  When you find that ep., let me know.

She pushes his chest in "The Fourth Horseman" when she's confronting him about not being around Jorden and his Group obsessions.

It's not that I don't understand the strain they were under in S2 but it just seemed lazy sometimes were Catherine's only purpose was to create conflict and just remind us that she still exists. I don't know if her unwillingness to confront Jorden's gift and her refusal for the most part to even entertain Frank's Group suspicsions really made sense. In "Lamentation," she is the one who reminds Frank that things happen to them that "don't happen to other people."

She pushes his chest in "The Fourth Horseman" when she's confronting him about not being around Jorden and his Group obsessions.

It's not that I don't understand the strain they were under in S2 but it just seemed lazy sometimes were Catherine's only purpose was to create conflict and just remind us that she still exists. I don't know if her unwillingness to confront Jorden's gift and her refusal for the most part to even entertain Frank's Group suspicsions really made sense. In "Lamentation," she is the one who reminds Frank that things happen to them that "don't happen to other people."

:thankx-big:

My memory is creeping back to me know.... :p

My frustration was that I saw a lot of potential in Catherine's caracter, that was never allowed to reach it. I loved what she represented. That she was his "touchstone", much like Scully was to Mulder, and she should have been allowed to unfurl as a caracter, so that everyone could see why she was what kept Frank sane. As much as he loved her, she must have been a remarkable woman, and I'd have loved to get to see that side of her. I was profoundly sad when she died.

(Guess this belonged in another thread, but oh-well. :blush: )

Guest A Stranger

:thankx-big:

My memory is creeping back to me know.... :p

My frustration was that I saw a lot of potential in Catherine's caracter, that was never allowed to reach it. I loved what she represented. That she was his "touchstone", much like Scully was to Mulder, and she should have been allowed to unfurl as a caracter, so that everyone could see why she was what kept Frank sane. As much as he loved her, she must have been a remarkable woman, and I'd have loved to get to see that side of her. I was profoundly sad when she died.

(Guess this belonged in another thread, but oh-well. :blush: )

Yeah, she was pretty much canned in S2. Carter opened the door for her to be a major character in "The Well Worn Lock" but not very many writers took advantage of her or did it very poorly (Anemnesis).

I did find it kind of strange how Frank seemed easily subsitute Catherine with Lara. Whe he was with her was almost happy, like in "Siren" when they're "play acting" the murder scene. And then Catherine buts in. I don't think Catherine was Frank's reason to live was really done right in S2 in many regards. Catherine was almost more important after she was dead in S3 than when they were seperated in S2, it seems.