Your Favorite Season of MillenniuM

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Your Favorite Season of MillenniuM  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to say I totally agree with you-Season 1 enthralled me because of its edge and serial killers/profiling happens to be my personal fav topic :grin2: ,  but season 2 makes me think; it causes me to actually read the bible and contemplate possiblities, and a few episodes even made me cry  :cry: (In Arcadia Ego; Midnight of the Century).

YOU ARE  GETTING CLOSE TO 3000, YES?  :bigsmile:

You took the words right out of my mouth! *OUCH* :tongue: Season 1 rekindled my dream of being a Private Investigater.... Crazy though it is. :blush: Now I catch myself watching the news, "profiling" the latest murderers.... :smokin:

And YES, *3000* is fast approaching! :bigsmile: Thanks for noticing. :hug03: I even started a thread in the Coffie lounge, just for the fun of it! :ouro:

Guest blondton13
Now I catch myself watching the news, "profiling" the latest murderers.... 

HA-HA! :bigsmile: I do that all the time, too! I 'll just start verbalizing crap out loud, even if no one is listening! :grin2: My daughter just rolls her eyes at me, but funny thing is- sometimes she does it, too! Mother-daughter serial profilers-now wouldn't that be cool! Although last night I was watching a kick-ass documentary on A&E about the LA Coroner's Office(great visuals & narrative) and she said "God, you always watch stuff on death-you're weird." I said "It makes me feel good...what should I be doing?...knitting or cooking?" :tasty: I am not a very "homey" type (but I do like to clean). :bigsmile: I'd rather be looking at bugs outside or watching cool stuff on Discovery, History Ch. or A&E. What's a mother to do?? :p OK- maybe I am a little weird- but that makes me special, right? :alien::ghostface::smokin:

HA-HA! :bigsmile: I do that all the time, too! I 'll just start verbalizing crap out loud, even if no one is listening! :grin2: My daughter just rolls her eyes at me, but funny thing is- sometimes she does it, too! Mother-daughter serial profilers-now wouldn't that be cool! Although last night I was watching a kick-ass documentary on A&E about the LA Coroner's Office(great visuals & narrative) and she said "God, you always watch stuff on death-you're weird." I said "It makes me feel good...what should I be doing?...knitting or cooking?" :tasty: I am not a very "homey" type (but I do like to clean). :bigsmile: I'd rather be looking at bugs outside or watching cool stuff on Discovery, History Ch. or A&E. What's a mother to do?? :p OK- maybe I am a little weird- but that makes me special, right? :alien:  :ghostface:  :smokin:

Good for you! Be weird! :jumping::tongue:

This actualy brings to mind an idea I'd had for a possible thread, or even a forum here.... Trying to see just how many members have been affected in a similar fashon after watching Millennium. Hmmm... What do you think?

The Old Man Posted on Nov 30 2004, 12:28 PM

I agree, but I'd like to wait for 100 votes before I'd say it could be used as an 'official guage' of fans opinions. 

Yes, I look forward to seeing what seems to be the favored season after a while, too! It does seem, though, that season 2 always seems to win, hands down. Which is just fine by me! :gaba:

• 4 weeks later...

It is good to see that I am not alone in my viewing tastes and interests. My wife always cringes when I start flicking through the Sky (a UK sattelite TV directory) to the Discovery, history, and scientific channels to see what's on. I love watching everything from Ray Mear's "Bushcraft", to Alan Tichmarches natural history shows, to things about superstring theory/theory of everything, to shows about evolution, etc. I also enjoy forensics science shows as well, of course. BTW, I used to love the A&E channel when I lived in the States. However, I will admit that when my wife wants to watch "How Clean is Your House," "Trading Spaces,", or one of the cooking shows she likes, I definitely enjoy it with her. But, she is not quite as reciprocal about some of the programmes I enjoy viewing. :laugh_big:

Also, I wound not say I am compulsive about it, but I do tend to try to keep things clean, tidy, and organized. :plain_big: What can I say, it helps me maintain my upbeatness! :hands4:

As far as the favorite series of MLM are concerned, this has changed over the years. I have come to a point finally over the past year or two, where I just don't favor one or the other. I just see unique, interesting, and engaging aspects about each of them.

The other point I want to make about the issue of favorite MLM seasons is this. People always winge and whine about how they hate series 2. And yet you always see it picked consistantly as the favorite series. It is like people here in the UK complaining about certain tabloid news papers, or certain shows. But, yet, you find that a great majority of people actually read or view them. It's almost like it is fashionable to complain about series 2, yet people love it!

And, finally, way to go on ressurecting an old thread. I love when that happens.

Edited by Selfosophist

• Elders (Admins)

Quite true, S2 is quite controversial amongst fans but always takes the lead in topics and discussion. Occassionaly I drop into the Millennium newsgroup and used to visit it quite often before TIWWA was launched. There I was amazed at the hostility towards Season 3 and at the time wondered why until UK Sci-Fi eventually screened it and I found out. I think its because of the dramatic change for our favourite characters and the Group being 'evil' for example. It wasn't what Millennium started out to be and what Carter had envisaged.

I love watching everything from Ray Mear's "Bushcraft

Yeah, Ray Mears is great, you can drop him anywhere and as long as he's got a knife or an axe he'll be fine.

Old Man,

Your point is well made regarding the dramatic change in favorite characters and story-arcs. I can see why fans may react in this fashion. However, I think, given the nature of secret societies, and path the Group was on in Season 2, the developments in Season 3 would naturally follow. I also think the same is true of Frank's character. He had been through so much by then, it is only natural that he would be worn and weathered. I would say that given the circumstances in is life, the portrayal of his character in Season 3 could not have been otherwise. In fact, if he was portrayed in any other fashion, I don't think Season 3 would have been as believeable, nor would it have the strength it had.

Alpha,

Right you are, about Ray Mears. And he seems to be so sincere and true about what he presents, researches, and lives. Do you know how he came to wind up on TV, etc? My wife and I are extremely curious about his bio and how he wound up on the BBC.

Edited by Selfosophist