Your Favorite Season of MillenniuM

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Your Favorite Season of MillenniuM  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I'm one of the ones that whine about season 2. But for the record I don't hate season two it has some of my favorite episodes and introduced some of my favorite people. What I hate is this, when we got to watch Millennium it was before the turn of the century and heres a awsome show that was going to clearly go into the new century and maybe beyond with us. It was a new style of show that I still don't think we duplicated again (CSI is great but theres no one near as captivating as Frank). Season one laid down a good solid base and season two could have picked up right where it left off instead of going down this path to destroy the group. Season two strapped the series to a rocket and shot it into a brick wall as I have said before, it was a hell of a ride but the show to take us through the change of the millennium was gone just when all of our fear of what lay ahead was coming to full fruitation. It could have had an ever growing fan base that in my opinion would have rocked the x files. Everything was in place the new millennium was just ahead staring us down, computers were going to crash and take with them society as we knew it, people were commiting suicide in order to get on a space ship behind a comet. Strange and paranoid? Yes but think back thats where we were. Could it be done today? I don't think so not like it could have been done then the threat of the new millennium has been replace with terroist nothing supernatural about them. Well I'll step down from my soap box now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Kelanth

Picking a favorite season of MM is like picking a favorite season of XF. Ain't happening. Well, I could, but I'd need to watch season 3 again before I could get down to brass tacks. So, for now, I'm going with all. :alien:

• 2 months later...
<font color='#000000'>:ouro: At first, I would have said season 2, but, now, I've learned to appreacite them each individualy...as each season was unique, and had something new to offer. :ouro:

Raven Wolf :ghostface:</font>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep me too, at first season one was my instinct but on reflection they are well written and great in their own right, i just wish there were more seasons..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The time is Near

i liked season one, better because it had a build up towards season 2 plus you can see the involvement between frank and the millennium group and the seperation from his family as frank got closer and closer to the group.

yep me too, at first season one was my instinct but on reflection they are well written and great in their own right, i just wish there were more seasons..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yo gunslinger, got to agree somewhat with you...

Season 2 wins, mainly because of a greater number of episodes than in S1...The Mikado, MOTC, Owls, Roosters, and of course the episode so aptly named after me...The Fourth Horseman :clapping: :grin: and The Time is Now...to name just a few. Although from S1 you had Lamentations, PPTD, Gehenna....i am just thankful that they are all available and can be watched anytime..

Till the Last Change...Be Done..

The Fourth Horseman...

• 3 weeks later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, what was cool to me was how each season seemed to have its own flavor. They each were excellent stand-alone seasons, but meshed together perfectly. I think it's demise was too much attention. Things seem to go like that, on tv. The X Files was at its best when it was still a "Cult" show. When it got more popular, more mainstream, is when the writing began to suffer. I worry what might have happened sometimes if the network had got their greedy little hands on it, and tried to make it fit into some mold. :doh: :mabiuswoz'ere:

Yeah, what was cool to me was how each season seemed to have its own flavor.  They each were excellent stand-alone seasons, but meshed together perfectly.  I think it's demise was too much attention.  Things seem to go like that, on tv.  The X Files was at its best when it was still a "Cult" show.  When it got more popular, more mainstream, is when the writing began to suffer.  I worry what might have happened sometimes if the network had got their greedy little hands on it, and tried to make it fit into some mold. :doh:  :mabiuswoz'ere:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right on RavenWolf...network shirts and ties are the death of quality TV...MillenniuM would have been raw meat to these nitwits. Heck, can you imagine the horror of seeing Frank and Laura in a passionate embrace? Not that it would be a bad idea, it just would not have fit the show. I liked the underlying smouldering chemistry the two had, Frank's best smiles came when talking to Laura, and she seemed to really want to take a more personal role in his life. So i am glad it turned out the way it did, one can always imagine an outcome....

The Fourth Horseman....

• 2 months later...
Guest betweenthelines

As many of you have said before, each season had an entirely different feel to it. Even so, I must pick Season 2 as my favorite year of "Millennium". I loved the focus on religious themes and ancient history, plus this was the first time where comedy (albeit of the dark and warped kind) was brought into the show.

As many of you have said before, each season had an entirely different feel to it. Even so, I must pick Season 2 as my favorite year of "Millennium". I loved the focus on religious themes and ancient history, plus this was the first time where comedy (albeit of the dark and warped kind) was brought into the show.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nicely put! I haven't had a chance to welcome you!

Welcome to the group...and compliments on a cool name!