Your Favorite Season of MillenniuM

Guest Second Coming

Your Favorite Season of MillenniuM  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Heath328

All three seasons are great, but I voted for 2 as my favorite.

Season 2 gave us the introduction of Lara Means and the Old Man. Their entry into Frank Black's world enriched "Millennium" in a way I wouldn't have thought possible.

We also saw some of the most chilling, thought-provoking and DARING hours of television ever made with Season 2. I'm talking specifically about "Monster," "19:19," "The Curse of Frank Black," "Midnight of the Century" and the big two-part season-ender.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three seasons are great, but I voted for 2 as my favorite.

Season 2 gave us the introduction of Lara Means and the Old Man. Their entry into Frank Black's world enriched "Millennium" in a way I wouldn't have thought possible.

We also saw some of the most chilling, thought-provoking and DARING hours of television ever made with Season 2. I'm talking specifically about "Monster," "19:19," "The Curse of Frank Black," "Midnight of the Century" and the big two-part season-ender.

I would agree with your assessment of the latter two, "Monster" might get a nod after some prodding due to its introduction of Lara and just the overall idea that a 7 year old child could be both so evil, and laugh so easily at the spider scene from The Fly.....i would most definately substitute TBATE or The Mikado as more "daring" television than 19:19...just a basic religious zealot whose interpretation of religion entitles him to take innocent lives..been there, done that thru history...although i felt the premise was good, the cheesy, campy tornado sequence at the end ruins it for me...did you notice that the girl and the dad share the same last name as Edgar Cayce???

4th Horseman..

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I would agree with your assessment of the latter two, "Monster" might get a nod after some prodding due to its introduction of Lara and just the overall idea that a 7 year old child could be both so evil, and laugh so easily at the spider scene from The Fly.....i would most definately substitute TBATE or The Mikado as more "daring" television than 19:19...just a basic religious zealot whose interpretation of religion entitles him to take innocent lives..been there, done that thru history...although i felt the premise was good, the cheesy, campy tornado sequence at the end ruins it for me...did you notice that the girl and the dad share the same last name as Edgar Cayce???

4th Horseman..

I think Season 1 was my favourite followed by Season 3 then Season 2. Thought the direction of the show in S2 wasn't right, not tom say I didn't love it though.

• 4 months later...

Season 3 is clearly the best, in my opinion. I didn't miss one episode when I first saw it on the german Pro7 in 2000 (I think). I even skipped my favourite late night show, the Harald Schmidt show for it - witch ran in the same time spot and witch I watched religiously. What I love about Season 3 is its non-hectic approach to storylines and it's heavy visualism. Also, the best use of an actors face I've ever seen. Season 3 conveys somekind of calm loneliness for me, like a cool breeze, witch makes me shudder, but also calms me down. I don't know. I can't describe it.

Best presence of Lance Henriksen in the whole show. Maybe it's the whole mentor aspect. Or maybe it's because he is a widower now, raising Jordan by himself - it makes his character even more tragic, lonely, heavy. He has gravity here. I also like his relationship to Peter here. Maybe because I like Terry O'Quinn playing "dark". I am a huge fan of his Stepfather movies (I haven't seen one episode of Lost yet).

Also, the most memorable episodes too. (Darwin's Eye, Saturn Dreaming of Mercury, Nostalgia, Skull and Bones, Through a Glass Darkly etc.) Altough it had it's stinkers like Exegesis. Season 1 is my second favourite, but after a very, very dark start it somehow looses its footing. (The darkness is back in Lamentation and Broken World is simply brilliant.) And Season 2 didn't even feel like Millennium or Frank Black at all. It was almost unbearably light in tone.

For me, 3 is the most honest of all seasons. It doesn't have the uncertainties of Season 1 (where is this all heading?) or the change the world mentality of Season 2. It just presents the ugliness of its world as it is. Season 3 is a lot like Blurs Trimm Trabb in Darwin's Eye: "That's just the way it is, That's just the way it is..."

• 1 year later...
  • Elders (Admins)

I was a bit puzzled when this thread showed up as new content, but then I realised it has a poll attached - every time someone votes in a poll, that thread is treated as having new content.

Having said that, it was really interesting to read KTL's comments from last year (KTL hasn't been around here for a long time, sadly). Season 3 doesn't get as much attention as the other seasons, so it was good to read such a positive and thoughtful post, especially as I seem to have missed it first time.

However, KTL's comment in another topic, about Michael Perry's commentary for "Mikado", has reminded me that I've never finished off the transcripts of MM commentaries. I shall endeavour to rectify that lapse asap.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

You are a star Libby, I love you and your DVD transcripts to bits!

It could be interesting to start some new polls of this ilk, to see how the current TIWWA membership sway and lean to particular seasons etc.

Millennium - This Is Who We Are

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community staff and autohides content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lucy Westenra

Season 2 - the sight of that comet blazing across the sky - heralding God or the Devil knew what - thrilled and enthralled me. woot.gif

Hi Lucy,

Just realised that this is your first post so allow me to offer you a warm welcome to TIWWA. Here's hoping you stay a while, make new friends and enjoy the company.

This is who we are!

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lucy Westenra

Hi Lucy,

Just realised that this is your first post so allow me to offer you a warm welcome to TIWWA. Here's hoping you stay a while, make new friends and enjoy the company.

This is who we are!

Eth

Thank you very much! I am happy to be here and to be able to talk with others about this great show so long after it ran. bigsmile.gif