Siren

Rate this topic

Guest Kolchak

Perhaps Vivian Wu distracted me too much

Aye, matey.

I just watched (most of) this episode last night for the first time in a loooong time. Interesting, all the interpretations. I still have to process it. What was it she said to Frank in their first conversation? Something about whether you are doing something you want to do is living, but otherwise you're dying?

• Elders (Admins)
FRANK: You're going to save my life?

TAMARA: Exactly. Your life. You know, you are either living or dying. Living is doing whatever you want to do. Dying is everything else. So, which are you?

FRANK: At this moment, I'm not very sure.

TAMARA: Then you'd better figure it out. There are only 652 days left. I can offer you anything, Frank. Just tell me what you want – wealth? power? sex? Believe me, greater men have fallen for less. I can make you so very happy, Frank. Just tell me what you want.

Guest Jim McLean
What was it she said to Frank in their first conversation? Something about whether you are doing something you want to do is living, but otherwise you're dying?

As TOM quoted. Essentially the basis of "saving Franks life", that Jordan misinterprets. The Siren's spell shows you your desire, and that, in the Siren's opinion, is "life". If you are not living that desire, you are dying, so she tempts you into the illusion of your desire - of what life should be about, and while you are trapped in this desire, you slowly die in the cold.

But as Frank realises, she has no answers - she's a siren; she's there to lure you to the rocks with your desire, not to satisfy it.

And unlike those looking for sexual satisfaction, or a simple fantasy, Frank's desire is actually not to live a life without Millennium, but an answer to a question: WHICH is the right path? And he realises that as a siren, she won't know the answer, she simply has the ability to lure people with the desire for fulfillment, and by doing so, killing you.

I really like this episode. Now if only my partner would get some time away from work so we could watch the next episode! *cries!*