Lance Heads for Inner Space

Rate this topic

Just saw an add on Sci Fi for a Sci Fi original movie call Antibody.  It will star Lance Henriksen and Robin Givens in what appears to be a voyage into the human body thru miniturization, etc.   It looks like it might be a fun film.  Heres the a link to the Sci Fi Channel page for  Antibody.

Ciao,

scott

• Elders (Admins)

That looks like fun but I can't believe Lance Henriksen would star in such a blatant rip-off of such films as Fantastic Voyage and Innerspace. :(

As an actor capable of portraying so much emotion and character it's a shame he'll end up in yet another late night Sci-Fi bash...

Lance fans will I'm sure be keen to view it as will I, perhaps hoping to see an element of Frank in there somewhere...

Gra. :ouro:

Guest Cookyman

I saw this film a few months ago on the Sci-Fi channel in the United Kingdom! and yes old man your fears were true it sucked!  Still I had too see it as Lance was in it!

:p

Yes, I probably wouldn't make a point to watch it, were it not for Lances role in the film.  And that is exactly what I will be hoping for... some of the Lance that made Frank Black such an incredible character!

Sadly, I suspect, I shall not see this.  But, who knows    ???

Upbeatness anyway,

Scott

Guest Cookyman
Yes, I probably wouldn't make a point to watch it, were it not for Lances role in the film.  And that is exactly what I will be hoping for... some of the Lance that made Frank Black such an incredible character!

Sadly, I suspect, I shall not see this.  But, who knows    ???

Upbeatness anyway,

Scott

Sorry to sound so downbeat scott but this film really sucks and Lance is wasted in it.  The first part is ok until the shrinking starts then it gets gradually worse - and as for the ending - I don't think so!

Anyway watch it and place your opinions here but I don't think anyone will proclaim it as a classic.   Now pumpkinhead or vengeance the demon as it was also known in the UK - that was a great Lance movie and showed the bond he had with his son in a similar way they showed the bond with his daughter in Millenium

Adios

Sorry to sound so downbeat scott but this film really sucks and Lance is wasted in it.  The first part is ok until the shrinking starts then it gets gradually worse - and as for the ending - I don't think so!

Yeah, I expected as much.  Yet another example of Lance's choices that make you scratch your head.  He could really kick some major ass in acting if he wanted to!  But this is an endless dead horse bottomless pit subject.  We all know what Lance could be, but we only madden ourselves talking about it!

Anyway watch it and place your opinions here but I don't think anyone will proclaim it as a classic.   Now pumpkinhead or vengeance the demon as it was also known in the UK - that was a great Lance movie and showed the bond he had with his son in a similar way they showed the bond with his daughter in Millenium

I have never watched this film.  Now I shall surely have to.  Thanks for pointing out this aspect of the film.

Don't be dark,

scott

Guest Cookyman

I have never watched this film.  Now I shall surely have to.  Thanks for pointing out this aspect of the film.

Yeah I reckon you should check this film out as soon as possible its a great Lance movie.  With a strong storyline and great creature effects from Stan Winston - what more do you want from a movie - I saw it years ago and have my own copy on VHS.  It's been shown on the Sci-fi channel in the UK too.    :devil:

• Elders (Admins)

Well I finally watched "Antibody" last night after taping it a few nights ago.

It was cringingly bad. So much so that I gave up half-way through during a scene in which Lance has an expression on his face whilst 2 people are discussing something completely irrelevant. His face basically said "Jesus, what the BLANK have I done commiting to this? Who are these two BLANK-holes and how did I end up working with them? Why do I keep doing this to myself?"

After seeing that I couldn't carry on. I may try again but have no desire to see Lance Henriksen squirming over the script totally demeaning himself. If you aren't a Lance fan, you'd easily dismiss him and this movie on the strength of the script.

For the first part as Cookyman stated it wasn't too bad. Just cheesey with cheese ridden lines and performances not from Lance though who you could see was trying desperately after the first half hour to make something of his lines and try and save the movie.

Lance came across in his initial lines as Frank and I kept getting Frank Black style flashes of Frank profiling a crime scene or killer. It was almost eerie and kind of surreal knowing that he was Frank before making this dross.

Lance, you really need a new Agent ol' Friend.

Graham.

:ouro: