Millenium Inspired By

Rate this topic

The other day I bought The X-files Season 2 at my fav. used DVD/CD Store. While i was watching the Interview with Chris Carter he said that the epi. Irresistiable inspired Millenium. Donnie Pfaster was on the line of Jeffrey Dahmer. Chris Carter was saying that Dahmers victims claimed he morphed into a Demon at times

Hmmmm.... That's weird.  I read somewhere that it was the episode "Grotesque".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too.

He says that in the DVD Bonus Inside MillenniuM.

I believe he has MM in his mind for a long time. ;)

I believe he has MM in his mind for a long time.

Me too. It was probably incubating for a long time, and he mentioned it to different people at different times, and may have said he got ideas from more than one X Files show... That might explain the conflicting reports.

• Elders (Moderators)
The other day I bought The X-files Season 2 at my fav. used DVD/CD Store.  While i was watching the Interview with Chris Carter he said that the epi. Irresistiable inspired Millenium.  Donnie Pfaster was on the line of Jeffrey Dahmer.  Chris Carter was saying that Dahmers victims claimed he morphed into a Demon at times

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that´s true, but meanwhile there are other people thinking, that MillenniuM was a rip-off of "Profiler", which aired around the same time. :doh: By the way, has anyone seen "Profiler" ? This is the way of the world, Profiler aired longer and more successful than MillenniuM, oh well...but where is it now ? :gaba:

Guest blondton13
Yeah, that´s true, but meanwhile there are other people thinking, that MillenniuM was a rip-off of "Profiler", which aired around the same time.  :doh: By the way, has anyone seen "Profiler" ? This is the way of the world, Profiler aired longer and more successful than MillenniuM, oh well...but where is it now ? :gaba:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes,Sad Eyes, I've seen "Profiler" quite a few times. There is no comparison with MillenniuM. MM was much more raw, to the point, and it drew you into the characters. The plots were sublime, and the actors were supreme. Profiler doesn't hold a candle to MM. The characters are weak, the plots dry, and the entire ambiance of MM was no where to be found. It is funny how Profiler got so much airtime, but then again...it was playing to the "average American". MillenniuM lovers see through that, and know MillenniuM for what it was, and is. A beautiful show with likable characters that took delicate subjects and made them understandable. A show which had the cajones to step above the bar and deliver hard core reality (and not so real) to the masses, not just the "average American"-which sadly to say,is not a base group I would take recommendations from. So,in essense, comparing to two is like comparing apples to oranges...there is NO comparison! At least, that is my take on things. I could be wrong, but it's doubtful. :rofl::wtf::tongue:

Guest F_Black

I think it's mostly true what blondton13 said. Both MM and X-Files were quite out of the ordinary. IIRC, even X-Files never had really wildly great ratings. A lot of it was, IMO, equally due to the subject matter, the dark way they were both filmed, and the fact that (except maybe for Duchovny) Carter didn't really cast traditionally "attractive" young actors (I would argue Duchovny was at first even a stretch for that moniker). It's especially true in the case of Gillian Anderson and Lance H. and Carter and others have commented on both of them in that regard many times.

I think it's hard for a non-traditional show to compete. In some cases, it will work (e.g., NYPD Blue, which I've never seen, but I understand Sipcowicz or whatever was a big part of that show's success and he's not really a hot stud) but mostly what gets ratings is fairly standard storylines and sexy stars.