By The Numbers: 17

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I went with Darwin's Eye, a no brainer for me. I am one of those people who thinks that Siren was a very good episode, but not one of the all time greats. Walkabout and Darwin's Eye are similar to me, in that I enjoyed both of them a lot more this time around than I remembered from watching them years ago. Walkabout was a pleasant surprise, and I found myself entertained and interested throughout the episode. In fact, on a scale of 1 to 5, it probably approaches a 4 in my book. let's say 3.75. Darwin's Eye, on the other hand, was way better than I remembered, and a definite season 3 standout. I would probably give it at least a 4.5 out of 5. I just finished the final disc of season 3 tonight, but I'm sure that Darwin's Eye is one of the episodes i will watch more than once, and I suspect that it will emerge as a favorite as I review season 3 before starting over with season 1 again.

Guest chrisnu

"Walkabout". I thought that "Siren" was a narrative mess. I'm not a big fan of "Darwin's Eye", either. There's lots of empty symbolism and other gobbledygook that didn't add up to anything.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

'Siren' is an appallingly bad episode. Strike that one immediately... done. Now, what's left? Hmm, well I am not a great fan of 'Walkabout'. It was okay but it had some very silly characters (not least the villain eating apples out of corpse-bearing fridges - is that supposed to be scary?) The ending with the riot was also quite poorly realised I thought. It seemed to include Bletch and Giebelhaus just for the sake of it too (probably beause Bletch was going to die soon).

But I don't really like 'Darwin's Eye' that much either. Again, it just seemed pretty silly really with very suspect motivations and connections (the palm trees in particular). And the girl hacking off people's heads so easily and... no, not good enough by far. It wasn't awful and there was a decent story lurking somewhere in there but it really didn't do it for me.

So... 'Walkabout' it is. There is some very good character bonding/tension between Peter and Frank and is one of the first times that their friendship is truly solidified and tested. Just a shame about the main plot really...

guess I will vote next summer..after I get season three

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hippyroo...you're in the same boat as myself :angry: ...no release of Season 3 until June..so cant vote here.. :cry:

Walkabout - your obvious bias creates a skewed result. :doh: just kidding... :fool:

post-1098-1114020890_thumb.jpg

Beware... my Frank Black ACTION FIGURE [aka Mini-me Lance] knows where you live...muahahahahaha :clapping:  :fool:  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so help me walkabout...If i see a shadow outside my window (ala Catherine in Gehenna) :devil:.............

LOL :fool: