By The Numbers: 18

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Should we bother?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good question, as we all know how the voting will go on this one. I voted for Lamentation.... obviously.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
No votes for Bardo Thodol.  Was it just me or did that episode make no sense?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In watching season three, Bardo Thodol is the only one that I have little or no recollection of. I don't know if that is due to the fact that I missed it somehow, or if it was because I turned it off the first time around. In my recent viewings, I have been a lot more open minded and given some of the episodes I remember as being poor a fair shake, but Bardol Thodol still does little for me, although I did make it all the way through, and it wasn't exactly terrible. I was surprised at how few stinkers there actually were in season three, but "Bardo" comes close to being one of them. I would have to agree with the rating this one got in the Millennial Abyss, 3 out of 5. Looking at season three with a fresh perspective, I would have to sat that 13 years Later is the only true stinker, and Human Essence, Bardo Thodol, and Matryoshka did little for me, and were substandard in that order. Matryoshka was a little better than the other two in my opinion, and it was nice to see Dean Winters again, but I found it to be a little boring and just not that great overall. In this case, I think the Millennial Abyss was a little harsh, giving it a 2 out of 5. I would probably give it more like 2.75. Anyway, in getting back to Bardo Thodol, I predict that it will receive 0 votes in this poll. I am surprised that Darwin's Eye has not done better though, I loved that episode.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Oops, Darwin's Eye was in the other poll, but I am still surprised it isn't neck and neck with Walkabout.

Guest Snapper
Geeeee...... What happened to "A Room With No View"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm using the episode order that appears on TV Tome, which I believe is the original broadcast order. "A Room With No View" is episode 20.

In watching season three, Bardo Thodol is the only one that I have little or no recollection of. I don't know if that is due to the fact that I missed it somehow, or if it was because I turned it off the first time around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The vote here was easy, but unless you have still-working VHS copies of the show (naw, mine burned out years ago) or imported S3 like some others, OR have a photographic memory, it's going to be hard to truly remember the eps. I have a rough idea of what each was about and can remember certain scenes or lines, but I'd have to truly absorb them again to pass any final judgment. Still have two more months here in the states. Ugh.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
The vote here was easy, but unless you have still-working VHS copies of the show (naw, mine burned out years ago) or imported S3 like some others, OR have a photographic memory, it's going to be hard to truly remember the eps. I have a rough idea of what each was about and can remember certain scenes or lines, but I'd have to truly absorb them again to pass any final judgment. Still have two more months here in the states. Ugh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I have had the same problem until recently, but could usually get by in the polls after consulting the Millennial Abyss. I'm not sure if having watched the episodes freshly would have changed any of my votes, but it might have. After six or seven years, many of them had become a blur.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Hey, that's 150 posts for me, four ouros and finally a Millennium Group member. Wait til I tell the folks. :bogie::smokin: :grin: