By The Numbers: 18

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest chrisnu

Yes, "Bardo Thodol" made no sense. A lot of late S3 episodes made little sense, to me at least. "Lamentation" is the high point of S1, and miles ahead of either of the other episodes listed.

Yes, I have had the same problem until recently, but could usually get by in the polls after consulting the Millennial Abyss. I'm not sure if having watched the episodes freshly would have changed any of my votes, but it might have. After six or seven years, many of them had become a blur.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm envisioning something like going from a 3 to a 3.25, not a major overhaul. I think we remember which ones were excellent or truly bad :bigsmile:

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Well, I've already explained 'Bardo Thodol' before so I'm not going to go over it again. Suffice to say I really love that episode and it sends chills down my spine whenever I see it.

But this is a very difficult poll for me! I like all 3 episodes really though I really only like the latter parts of 'In Arcadia Ego'. So, much as I adore 'Bardo...' I will have to go with 'Lamentation' - there really is no excuse not to vote for it because it remains in my opinion, the best episode of Millennium full stop.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I've already explained 'Bardo Thodol' before so I'm not going to go over it again. Suffice to say I really love that episode and it sends chills down my spine whenever I see it.

But this is a very difficult poll for me! I like all 3 episodes really though I really only like the latter parts of 'In Arcadia Ego'. So, much as I adore 'Bardo...' I will have to go with 'Lamentation' - there really is no excuse not to vote for it because it remains in my opinion, the best episode of Millennium full stop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good post. In fact, initially, i would have said that in my opinion, that the best episode of MNM was Gehenna. However, in re-watching Lamentations, the subtle, creeping evil that permeates the episode just cant be beat. The email Lucy supposedly receives that has Frank Black's address (Ezekiel 19:10), his phone number being on the medical tag, and of course the sequence on the stairs. I just have a couple of questions..

Why didn't Lucy or whatever was in Frank's house not take or do anything to Jordan? It just seemed strange to me...also how about the following..

1. Jordan suddenly being safe outside with Bletch...did she walk down the stairs herself or did Bletch come and get her, and if he did, why didn't he call for Catherine?

2. When Catherine turns downstairs and suddenly runs into Bletch..why was he just standing there, why didnt he call her name? just some issues i found a bit odd with Lamentations.

post-1098-1115530869.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lonegungrrly1121

Lamentation was great. reached a level of creepyness I never thought imaginable. The subtle kind that messes with your head. and poor Bletcher.

In Arcadia Ego was also an amazing episode. god there are so many classic MillenniuM episodes!

Lamentation was great.  reached a level of creepyness I never thought imaginable.  The subtle kind that messes with your head. and poor Bletcher.

In Arcadia Ego was also an amazing episode. god there are so many classic MillenniuM episodes!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would not have agreed with you last week on your opinion of In Arcadia Ego, but i took the time to re-watch it with an open mind, and i found that my initial opinion of this particular episode was jaded by all the darkness, dire end of the world predictions, biblical prophecy, Nostradameus, etc..

I found myself enjoying the episode more and more as it went on...this is what i am finding on variouis episodes i prematurely dismissed as boring, mundane, etc...each and every episode, at least in the first two seasons, have their own particular attraction...i stand now as a humbled man before my fellow MM'ers...

some food for thought....in "A Room with No View" if you remember the scene where the young kid is snuck up on from behind by Lucy Butler, that little clip of her morphing into a demon is dubbed directly from Lamentations, the stairway scene..i wished it had been actually played out, but i guess its a good way to save some $$$$$

post-1098-1116613664.jpg

post-1098-1116614106_thumb.jpg

Guest lonegungrrly1121
I would not have agreed with you last week on your opinion of In Arcadia Ego, but i took the time to re-watch it with an open mind, and i found that my initial opinion of this particular episode was jaded by all the darkness, dire end of the world predictions, biblical prophecy, Nostradameus, etc..

I found myself enjoying the episode more and more as it went on...this is what i am finding on variouis episodes i prematurely dismissed as boring, mundane, etc...each and every episode, at least in the first two seasons, have their own particular attraction...i stand now as a humbled man before my fellow MM'ers...

some food for thought....in "A Room with No View"  if you remember the scene where the young kid is snuck up on from behind by Lucy Butler, that little clip of her morphing into a demon is dubbed directly from Lamentations, the stairway scene..i wished it had been actually played out, but i guess its a good way to save some $$$$$

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know exactly what you mean. some episodes I watched first time round I just took them at face value and didnt give them a chance. after re-watching all the seasons, I can honestly say that there are no *terrible* episodes. that is so rare!!

there is always something possitive to be found in each episode, and usually a great feel good message behind it. Especially in 'In Arcadia Ego.'

I've never noticed that scene in 'a room with no view' I'll deffinately look out for it next time around!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tricky2k

What? How comes? No votes for Bardo Thodol? Ok, here's mine.

Bardo Thodol have a problem, just one, when the episode ends there's a lot of questions unsolved. What happens with the red lackered bowl? Why Takahashi "builds" hands? The screenplay is too cryptic, maybe because they wanted to unfold the story in further episodes, or maybe because of some discarded scenes.

And what the hell, i vote for Bardo Thodol because the soundtrack is great.