Harsh Realm For $14.88

Rate this topic

Guest Kolchak

Guest Kolchak

WalMart.com is selling Harsh Realm (The complete Series) for $14.88. A friend of mine also said he has seen it in a local Wal-Mart for the same price.

I've never seen the show, but for that price I may have to take a chance.

Does anyone have a brief review or reccomendation? All I know about the series is that it was cancelled after only a handful of episodes and that Terry O'Quinn was a cast member.

WalMart.com is selling Harsh Realm (The complete Series) for $14.88.  A friend of mine also said he has seen it in a local Wal-Mart for the same price.

Does anyone have a brief review or reccomendation?  All I know about the series is that it was cancelled after only a handful of episodes and that Terry O'Quinn was a cast member.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats great news. I caught a couple of eps and was intrigued. Lance has an un-credited appearance if I remember correctly. :jumping:

Guest SouthernCelt
Thats great news.  I caught a couple of eps and was intrigued.  Lance has an un-credited appearance if I remember correctly. :jumping:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll have to pick it up too. I think Lance was in the much-hyped premier ep if I remember correctly. I got to see only about 3 eps before the Fox affiliate in our area switched to WB programming.

Guest arcanamundi
I'll have to pick it up too.  I think Lance was in the much-hyped premier ep if I remember correctly.  I got to see only about 3 eps before the Fox affiliate in our area switched to WB programming.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recently picked up the dvd used for $15. Lance appears briefly in the pilot, as well as Gillian Anderson, though only as a voice-over.

Only 3 episodes ever aired but the 3-dvd set contains 9 episodes. In the 6 episodes I've watched so far, Terry O'Quinn hardly appears. There are some interesting and familiar faces among the guest and supporting players. But I don't think the show ever approached the level of X-Files or Millennium.

Still, I think, for $15, worth a look for fans of 1013.

Same with The Lone Gunmen, which I picked up for $32. I missed most of the episodes when they first aired. Its a funny show, but from what I've seen so far (just a few episodes) its not as conceptually daring or cleverly plotted as I'd hoped for.

I encourage you to pick up both. Then I'll have someone to discuss them with! :jumping:

Guest SouthernCelt
...Same with The Lone Gunmen, which I picked up for $32.  I missed most of the episodes when they first aired. Its a funny show, but from what I've seen so far (just a few episodes) its not as conceptually daring or cleverly plotted as I'd hoped for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just got LG a couple of weekends back. Haven't had a chance to watch any of the regular eps but did watch the XF S9 ep (a bonus on the DVD) "Jump the Shark" that was used to wrap up the LG saga. I missed that XF ep in original airing.

• 3 weeks later...
WalMart.com is selling Harsh Realm (The complete Series) for $14.88.  A friend of mine also said he has seen it in a local Wal-Mart for the same price.

Does anyone have a brief review or reccomendation?  All I know about the series is that it was cancelled after only a handful of episodes and that Terry O'Quinn was a cast member.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i never got a chance to see a single episode of this show, is it worth watching and/or poss buying the first season?

Guest SouthernCelt

Went by Walmart one day last week and couldn't find Harsh Realm. Don't know if the store I visited had sold out or didn't get any copies. About to go back to get National Treasure so I'll check again, probably a different store this time.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sanitarium
Went by Walmart one day last week and couldn't find Harsh Realm.  Don't know if the store I visited had sold out or didn't get any copies.  About to go back to get National Treasure so I'll check again, probably a different store this time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought it when it was released. I think I payed about $20. It's well worth it. I'm mad that Fox canned this so early. They should have at least gave it a full season. It had a lot of potential.

• Elders (Admins)

Right on. It warranted a full season and they should have considered all new series need a first season to find their feet and for their actors to build up relationships.