Spine Tingling

Rate this topic

ok...we have discussed what has moved us, our favorite/least favorite episodes, etc..i searched the site for my question and it does not seem to appear anywhere so here goes:

Of the three year run, the 62 some-odd episodes, which moment is frozen in your psyche as the most chilling, bone-rattling, terrifying moment of Millennium.

Mine has GOT to be in the episode Gehenna. The scene is where Catherine is putting Jordan to bed, rises to turn off the lamp, and as soon as she does, the outside motion detector light goes on. She walks to the window, looks out and you see that damned fleeting shadow scoot across the lawn. The light going on is bad enough, and most of us would think it was a cat or dog, but knowing the show like we do, we know better, dont we? Then she goes downstairs to close the drapes and the camera view is from behind the bushes. Is someone or something watching her?

The whole sequence is done so well that you DONT know for sure its just a coincidence, but you dont want to believe the latter, either. What a great psychological tactic...

Every time i watch Gehenna, it gives me the willies.

Don't know about you guys/girls, but that gets my vote...

post-1098-1114178360_thumb.jpg

post-1098-1114178577_thumb.jpg

Guest lonegungrrly1121

emma hollis being buryed alive was very scary for me. also that whole clown sequence from frank's/jordan's dream. :cry:

Guest Kolchak

The last 15 minutes or so of Lamentation just freak me out. I still have difficulty watching it, even though I know exactly what happens.

Although it isn't one of my favorite episodes Pest House has a couple of scenes that are pretty scary. One is when the lights go out in the asylum and the other is when Frank is trying to flag down the hospital administrator and the killer is hiding in the back seat of her car. Good stuff!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a picture is worth a 1,000 words...i too had trouble watching this part of Lamentations as well. Good choice...

i just want to know, who killed Bletch? was it Lucy or was it really Martin? The story line was a little vague and in PPTD, it seems that Martin is just mouthing words when he confesses with Pepper by his side..maybe some influence coming from his lawyer?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
ok...we have discussed what has moved us, our favorite/least favorite episodes, etc..i searched the site for my question and it does not seem to appear anywhere so here goes:

Of the three year run, the 62 some-odd episodes, which moment is frozen in your psyche as the most chilling, bone-rattling, terrifying moment of Millennium.

Mine has GOT to be in the episode Gehenna. The scene is where Catherine is putting Jordan to bed, rises to turn off the lamp, and as soon as she does, the outside motion detector light goes on. She walks to the window, looks out and you see that damned fleeting shadow scoot across the lawn. The light going on is bad enough, and most of us would think it was a cat or dog, but knowing the show like we do, we know better, dont we? Then she goes downstairs to close the drapes and the camera view is from behind the bushes. Is someone or something watching her?

The whole sequence is done so well that you DONT know for sure its just a coincidence, but you dont want to believe the latter, either. What a great psychological tactic...

Every time i watch Gehenna, it gives me the willies.

Don't know about you guys/girls, but that gets my vote...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, when I started to read your post, Gehenna was the first episode to pop into my head as well. That one definitely had some graphic and chilling scenes. I also agree on Lamentation. I would probably have to think about it more, but for now i will throw in some of the scenes in "The Time is Now", especially when Lara is losing her mind. Also, off the top of my head, in the "chilling" category, Skull and Bones had a couple good scenes, especially when Emma is going through that shack and can see the evidence of torture. Overall though, I think Lamentation would get my vote in a poll, not only for the classic and unforgetable scenes, but for the shock value of them. You get so used to movies and TV series teasing you with the main characters being in danger and then sparing them. Never in a million years did i think the show would kill off Blech.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Millennium had so many of these moments that it is practically impossible to narrow it down at all. I think the scene of Lucy Butler/Lucy as Demon walking down towards Bletch is probably the most intense moment of the series but there are many, many others.

Frank's visions of Catherine and Jordan as he lies in hospital in '522666' are quite short but very disturbing in my opinion for instance. Two scenes from 'Maranatha' spring to mind also - Yura's confrontation with Yaponchik in the bathhouse and especially his later encounter with him at his bedside are exceptionally tense scenes.

The blitz of visions in 'Jose Chung's...' is another obvious scene. The desolation that Frank feels after the death of the women in 'In Arcadia Ego', Peter Watts walking up behind Hollis as she discovers the buried bodies in 'Skull and Bones', Baldwin's death in the ambulance to a horrifically sinister Millennium Group assassin in 'Goodbye to All That'... the list goes on and on and on.

While Lucy/demon at the top of the stairs was very well done, the kidney in the fridge is what really set me off. That really made the whole horror come right into my house via the fridge.

A close second for me is the pilot when they dig up the guy with his eyes and mouth sewn up.