Dean Winters

Rate this topic

...According to csifiles.com, (which I only check for episode titles - I promise) Dean Winters has signed on for the CSI: Miami finale. I'm not going spoil who he's playing, but I was surprised. There's a blurb on the front page of the posted website, news from April 22nd, and a link to more info.

Dean was, of course, Mr. Crocell in Curse, and, strangely enough, young Michael Lanyard in Matryoshka.

He's a detective in most of the first season of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, which I've seen, and was on Oz for at least one season (not yet seen that). I caught him in his first of three Homicide: Life on the Street episodes (as the same character) this past winter break - it was kind of funny to see him even younger than he was in SVU, my Dean reference point, and younger than in MM. I don't know why, but I cannot stand him in SVU - anywhere else I enjoy him and his performances just fine. But not as Cassidy... :pokey:

- nothing

amended: so i just did a google image search of the keyword 'crocell' and was wondering why this image kept coming up: post-133-1114457296_thumb.jpg <-click on it; the little pic doesn't work for some reason but the big one does

So in a fit of curiosity I actually clicked some of the links, here's what I came up with (apologies if this has come up before or is the wrong place to post this):"CROCELL.--The Forty-ninth Spirit is Crocell, or Crokel. He appeareth in the Form of an Angel. He is a Duke Great and Strong, speaking something Mystically of Hidden Things. He teacheth the Art of Geometry and the Liberal Sciences. He, at the Command of the Exorcist, will produce Great Noises like the Rushings of many Waters, although there be none. He warmeth Waters, and discovereth Baths. He was of the Order of Potestates, or Powers, before his fall, as he declared unto the King Solomon. He governeth 48 Legions of Spirits. His Seal is this, the which wear thou as aforesaid." https://www.sacred-texts.com/grim/lks/lks05.htm

"Crocell is the Forty-ninth Spirit listed in the Goetia, who governs 48 Legions. He appears as an angel & knows of mystical & hidden things. He teaches geometry & liberal sciences, & can produce noises like rushing waters. He is known for warming waters & discovering baths." - https://www.deeptrancenow.com/solomonspirits.htm

...granted I don't actually know what a lot of this means, or exactly what the Goetia is...

...so i looked it up:

"Goetia (Latin, "howling") is a word used to describe a class of magick which emphasizes the summoning or calling forth of lesser spirits and demons to visible appearance, with the intention of binding the spirits to perform the magician's will." https://heru-ra-ha.tripod.com/topics/goetia.html

...that didn't really clear things up too much.

But it's an interesting revelation that Mr. Crocell's name was not just pulled out of thin air. I know Chris Carter often imbues much menaing into the names of his characters, especially the main characters, but I hadn't heard anything on this one yet.

-nothing again, hoping she's not bored you to tears. and to get back on-topic:post-133-1114456733_thumb.jpg