M=1000 Songs/cd Question

Rate this topic

I tried posting in the 'help' section but didn't get a lot of help. I'm wondering if anyone has the information about the fan-created MillenniuM music and art tribute called m=1000, specifically the name of the song from song 9, Jerusalem, that the woman begins singing at about 1:36 into the track and the man joins her at about 2:10 (the instruments for that song begin before the singing). It's the song that begins with the muzzenins (Islamic prayer callers) and I'm pretty sure it's in Arabic. I just want to make sure before I ask my Arabic prof about the artist/s.

Pleeease help if you have any info; this is my last semester of Arabic. I know I'm not the only one who downloaded it off its now defunct site; it was free. The artist had the song information available for free as well, and if, like me, you bought the CD, that information was included on the CD cover.

-nothing, who swears this CD/song is not a trick/product of a demon... unlike my alarm clock :w00t:

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

I'm not sure what the song is. I've been trying to get the rights to make this great compilation available for fans to download for some time but never get a reply to my emails.

wow; if graham's the only one who knows what i'm talking about, i hate to say it, but you all missed out.

hope your requests get answered some time soon - the songs and art are wonderful showcase of dedication and talent. :jumping:

- nothing

• Elders (Admins)

Missing out indeed. I love the Midnight of the Century track, it's my favourite theme from that episode which sadly was not included on the best of Millennium iTunes release.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Elders (Admins)

These guys just won't answer my emails. I wonder what would happen if we just hosted it and gave credit? We could always remove them if asked or they could just sue my ass! What's left of it!

I know this is probably of no consequence but....

I am not a great fan of P2P and torrents and the like, so much so that I never use them, but a few months ago I gave a list to my brother (who is much more adept and confident with pc security and things) of tracks I coveted: the 'M=1000' collection was on it. He managed to find all the tracks for download on Emule but only after he incorrectly wrote Millennium with only the one 'L'. He managed to download Jerusalem before the user went offline (he had been queuing for days he told me), he sent me the file and I told him not to bother keeping his pc online for forever and a day till the user came online again - one was as good as none to me. I know it's currently in the press about the evils of such pursuits and I'm geniunely not trying to lead anyone into temptation but they may still be there..............

I think my brother also pointed out that all the tracks were written without spaces i.e. firebrothers etc. I don't know if this is important when searching for them.

Till then,

ethsnafupost-1185-1117716961.gif

I know this is probably of no consequence but....

I am not a great fan of P2P and torrents and the like, so much so that I never use them, but a few months ago I gave a list to my brother (who is much more adept and confident with pc security and things) of tracks I coveted: the 'M=1000' collection was on it. He managed to find all the tracks for download on Emule but  only after he incorrectly wrote Millennium with only the one 'L'. He managed to download Jerusalem before the user went offline (he had been queuing for days he told me), he sent me the file and I told him not to bother keeping his pc online for forever and a day till the user came online again - one was as good as none to me. I know it's currently in the press about the evils of such pursuits and I'm geniunely not trying to lead anyone into temptation but they may still be there..............

I think my brother also pointed out that all the tracks were written without spaces i.e. firebrothers etc. I don't know if this is important when searching for them.

Till then,

ethsnafupost-1185-1117716961.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ethsnafu...this thread has now peaked my interest, if only to hear The Old Man swear!!!!

Since i of course HAVE partaken of the forbidden fruits of P2P :devil: , (thererby rendering any sense of concious or moral rectitude as highly suspect):eyes: , I was one of the lucky ones, able to obtain a copy of the first season's promotional music which includes Jerusalem. Magic, i dont know what i can offer you in way of explanation as to the origion of the song, logically, i would have thought since it possesses a middle-eastern flavor, it would have been used in either "Owls" or "Roosters", since the episodes dealt in part with the Middle East. However, that does not appear to be the case.

Jerusalem, along with the following pieces..

1. Midnight of the Century part 1/2

2. Frankly Speaking

3. One of Us

4. Dark Nights

5. Crusaders

6. Revelations

7. World Serpent

8. Inside my Head

9. Fire Brothers

do not appear anywhere in the first two seasons of MillenniuM...it is possible that Snow wrote these with the origional intention of including them in certain episodes, (Fire Brothers obviously in A Single Blade of Grass,etc), but either time constraints or relevance to the show were reasons they were not embraced.

To the New Number Two..World Serpent is the song with the piano over the background of waves lapping softly against the shore..

anyway, sorry i could not be of more assistance...but i have just noticed that due to my prior confessions of P2P usage that my moral compass seems stuck pointing south :eyes: : ..oh dear :cry: ...guess its hell for me :devil: ....fire and brimstone...the bottomless pit...the lake of fire.....shhh!!! can you hear it? there!!! off in the distance, the subtle, yet increasing sounds of

"Love is Blue"...aahhhhhh :Gehenna_demon: ...Well, i guess if I can get Lucy to straddle me like she did Landon Bryce in "A Room With no View", it wont be all that bad :clapping: .....will it? :ghostface:

Till the Last Change...Be Done...

The Fourth Horseman....

post-1098-1117745344_thumb.jpg