Is There Anybody Out There?

Rate this topic

I would like to think that the passion which guides us as a whole would leave them with a sense of pride and amazement, that such a short-lived show would have such a long-term effect on so many wonderful people. So therefore....

To All....The ascendancy of our collective fervor will continue to grow louder until those who now hold the reins of control over the closure the show needs will have no other path to take than to finish what was started...till the last change....be done

THIS IS WHO WE ARE..

Amen to this post.....one of the greatest I have read.

• Elders (Admins)
Old Man...may i humbly ask you a question that has been burning in my mind for quite some time?

This board has been kept active and alive by many, many wonderful people who continue to come here for the camaraderie and openness this board allows in reference to the many issues pertaining to Millennium.

My question is, and you would be the only one who would know this..are there any current members who either starred on the show or took part in its development that still CURRENTLY peruse the board? 

I know that Sarah Jane-Redmond has been here, but anyone else?

If they do, i wonder how they might consider us, for our travails and sojurns on this board are from that old familiar place called "memory lane".

I would like to think that the passion which guides us as a whole would leave them with a sense of pride and amazement, that such a short-lived show would have such a long-term effect on so many wonderful people. So therefore....

To All....The ascendancy of our collective fervor will continue to grow louder until those who now hold the reins of control over the closure the show needs will have no other path to take than to finish what was started...till the last change....be done

THIS IS WHO WE ARE..

fourhorsemen...

This post is like a breath of fresh air and reminds me why we set this this Board up in the first place. I apologise for not replying sooner. Apart from Fawnia Mondey and Sarah-Jane Redmond who are still Members here as Raven Wolf pointed out, we know that other ex-cast and crew have visited us in the past. It may be a case that we actively seek out such persons in the coming future. I've been reassured that Chris Carter is well aware of TIWWA and I recollect being told that Lance Henriksen visited us in the past when we staged the LH Interview with Sue last year (unless I dreamed that bit! :oneeyedwinK ). Its always been a fantasy of mine and others here that such persons would come along and drop in to say hello, perhaps answer a few questions but I understand that such persons need their privacy and to distance themselves in some ways. This is one of the things I respect about SJR, who was concerned that she had no place to interact with fans of her work who had been enquiring for some time about her online presence prior to her website launch.

I am sure however that when ex-cast and crew visit us and know that we maintain a following and a respect for their work and achievement in what many of us would either rightly or wrongly consider to be a form of art, that they are reassured that what they accomplished on those freezing Vancouver nights or in the remoteness of a studio or lab someplace else is going to be cherished for some considerable time to come.

This post is like a breath of fresh air and reminds me why we set this this Board up in the first place. I apologise for not replying sooner. Apart from Fawnia Mondey and Sarah-Jane Redmond who are still Members here as Raven Wolf pointed out, we know that other ex-cast and crew have visited us in the past. It may be a case that we actively seek out such persons in the coming future. I've been reassured that Chris Carter is well aware of TIWWA and I recollect being told that Lance Henriksen visited us in the past when we staged the LH Interview with Sue last year (unless I dreamed that bit! :oneeyedwinK ). Its always been a fantasy of mine and others here that such persons would come along and drop in to say hello, perhaps answer a few questions but I understand that such persons need their privacy and to distance themselves in some ways. This is one of the things I respect about SJR, who was concerned that she had no place to interact with fans of her work who had been enquiring for some time about her online presence prior to her website launch.

I am sure however that when ex-cast and crew visit us and know that we maintain a following and a respect for their work and achievement in what many of us would either rightly or wrongly consider to be a form of art, that they are reassured that what they accomplished on those freezing Vancouver nights or in the remoteness of a studio or lab someplace else is going to be cherished for some considerable time to come.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Old Man...to you, many thanks for responding to my inquiries. To Raven Wolf, i apologize for my short-sightedness in excluding you from that group who would know the answer to my query concerning who has been/is still active board members/visitors amongst the cast and crew of Millennium. I hope i did not offend you..

This board has become, in the short time i have been a member, (and the 1013th member to boot :tongue: ) a very important part of my life. Not as the mainstay mind you, (it will never supplant my family, faith, etc) but rather as a sanctuary where i can return to drink from the waters of friendship and comradery, where i can share my thoughts and ideas amongst people whom i may never have the pleasure of meeting face to face, and by this very act of communion, my existence here at TIWWA is validated, and the time i spend here amongst the myriad of my cyberspace friends often times becomes the lighthouse beacon in the everyday sea of turbulent waters...thanks to everyone...how might it end? Let our voices, as one, ring in the minds of those who have the answers to the many questions we still have, (in many people's minds including mine) to the greatest show that ever graced network television..

till the last change....be done...

This is Who We Are...

fourhorsemen

post-1098-1115482976_thumb.jpg

Old Man...to you, many thanks for responding to my inquiries. To Raven Wolf, i apologize for my short-sightedness in excluding you from that group who would know the answer to my query concerning who has been/is still active board members/visitors amongst the cast and crew of Millennium. I hope i did not offend you..

This board has become, in the short time i have been a member, (and the 1013th member to boot :tongue: ) a very important part of my life. Not as the mainstay mind you, (it will never supplant my family, faith, etc) but rather as a sanctuary where i can return to drink from the waters of friendship and comradery, where i can share my thoughts and ideas amongst people whom i may never have the pleasure of meeting face to face, and by this very act of communion, my existence here at TIWWA is validated, and the time i spend here amongst the myriad of my cyberspace friends often times becomes the lighthouse beacon in the everyday sea of turbulent waters...thanks to everyone...how might it end? Let our voices, as one, ring in the minds of those who have the answers to the many questions we still have, (in many people's minds including mine) to the greatest show that ever graced network television..

This is Who We Are...

fourhorsemen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if your poetry is half as well written as your posts horsemen, then all members are in for a wonderful treat if you decide to post any of your poetry, you are a very gifted writer..gunslinger

Exactly why I'm not going to post anything in your forums.  :fool:

I still have to read dylan1371's story. Hope it's not so dark that I need

an Onan-o-graph afterwards!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awwwwww.....!!!! :cry: C'mon... Please?

This is Who We Are...

fourhorsemen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fourhorsemen, that was beautiful..... And refreshing. Thank you for your kind words. And, NO, you did not offend me! I look forward to getting to know you better. Maybe we can share our poetry sometime???

if your poetry is half as well written as your posts horsemen, then all members are in for a wonderful treat if you decide to post any of your poetry, you are a very gifted writer..gunslinger

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed!

Awwwwww.....!!!!  :cry:  C'mon... Please?

Fourhorsemen, that was beautiful..... And refreshing.  Thank you for your kind words.  And, NO, you did not offend me!  I look forward to getting to know you better.  Maybe we can share our poetry sometime???

Agreed!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Raven Wolf and Gunslinger..

You have become two good friends in the short time i have been a member of TIWWA. I appreciate you compliments. What i say, do, and convey on this board comes from the deepest recesses of my heart. The angst of being an only child brings forth creativity, and that creativity can take sojurns down many paths.

Writing to me, is exposing one's soul to the world. Many of us on this board express ourselves much more eloquently in words, far greater than we could ever dream of face-to-face, for it is the purest reflection of Who We Are, the freest form of expression...unencumbered by the restrictions of ridicule or derisiveness, two barriers which prevent most of us from ever harboring ideas of success.

MillenniuM, the show, has touched many aspects of my life. From the dark and foreboding to the lighter side of its character, it has drawn me like a moth to a light. I can't very well explain or rationalize why, and there are some people who are close to me that do not understand my attraction (obession?) to both the show and TIWWA. It is one of those intrinsic, intangibles of life that go without explanation. Whether it touches deep rooted spiritual beliefs, the true nature of good vrs evil, or something else just off in the distance (like the rolling thunder used so dramatically and effectively throughout the series), i can't quite explain. I only know it DOES, and thus, i revel in its intoxication.

Its physical presence also becomes part of the equation as well. I absolutely love Seattle and its surrounding areas, all the way up to Anacortes and Friday Harbor. So taken all together, for me, and i am not speaking for anyone else, whether it be my wife or anyone on this board, MillenniuM is NOT about Frank Black or Peter Watts or Laura Means or Mike Atkins. Its about Who I Am.....

In closing, i realize that my post may not be well received in some corners of TIWWA. After all, it really is only a television show. And, although i truely don't owe anyone an explanation of my attraction to MillenniuM, i want to assure all of you that i am a normal, 47 year old husband and father of two great boys, whose life has not been hijacked or usurped by MM, but richly flavored...

This is Who We Are...

Till the last change....be done..

Fourhorsemen....

Guest arcanamundi

Nicely put, my friend.

Thank you for putting in words your deep connection with this tv show; I resonate with your words, which echo the way Millennium has touched me, my heart, my mind, my soul.

This is who we are. :ouro:

Nicely put, my friend. 

Thank you for putting in words your deep connection with this tv show; I resonate with your words, which echo the way Millennium has touched me, my heart, my mind, my soul. 

This is who we are. :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arcanamundi my friend......we are two gusts amongst the many breezes that have become a hurricane in our love for the show....

This is Who We Are..

Till the last change....be done..

fourhorsemen