Funny scene in TEOTWAWKI

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming
It's the part where Frank and Emma are talking to the girlfriend of one of the boys that is accused of the shooting at school. Giebelhouse walks in with 4 cans of soft drinks and just plops them down in the middle of everyone. And everyone stops talking and he says "Excuse me, go ahead". Then they're talking and the girl is on the brink of tears. And you have to remember she's thinking about the shooting and his supposed suicide. And the Giebelhouse pops open a can. And she jumps and Emma and Frank just have this shocked look on their faces. Giebelhouse just came across as a bumbling detective. It just made me and my wife laugh. She made me rewind it two times so we could watch it again. I don't know maybe it's just me. But I enjoy subtle humor like that. :D

That is really a great humourous moment!  I had forgotten about this one!    :laugh:   And MLM is repleat with such moments of subtle and understated humour.  That is probably one of the better Giebs moments.  His character was so perfect in the show and so ripe for humour.  Love it!   :laugh:

Guest thebadshepherd
Always enjoyed when he told Frank not to be so dark in the Jose Chung episode...how did he get to be a detective, anyway?

May be the same way as he became head of the Seattle PD Detective Squad!   :laugh:

Scott

who makes now apologies for his irreverent MLM humour!  R. I. P.  Robert Bletcher...

• Elders (Admins)

May be the same way as he became head of the Seattle PD Detective Squad!  

I was thinking about that before you posted. I was always dissapointed that Giebs never got promoted to Bob Bletchers position.

I'm sure in S3 in is introduced as Detective. I remembered thinking how he should have got Bob's job and that you never seemed to see Bob's replacement.

Or am I wrong?

Regards,

Graham.

I am fairly sure that Geibs did get Bob's job.  That is why I made the joke I did.  But it was actually Head of the Homicide Division that he got promoted to after Bob's death.  Geibs was sort of second in command until then, I think.

Anyone else have another take on this?

Guest Second Coming
I am fairly sure that Geibs did get Bob's job.  That is why I made the joke I did.  But it was actually Head of the Homicide Division that he got promoted to after Bob's death.  Geibs was sort of second in command until then, I think.

Anyone else have another take on this?

Those were my thoughts.