Now You See Him, Now You Dont

Rate this topic

heres a good one...i was watching Maranatha again for the umpteenth time, and i noticed a blunder that got by the proofers...the helipad scene is as follows...(for those who care)

1. Yura helps a once mortally wounded Yapohchik across the helipad to the waiting helicopter.

2. Yura has second thoughts and runs to the fence, russian agents follow and draw their guns in a standoff. They then run back to the helicopter where we see Yaponchik in the back seat and as he looks out, we see his one eye and his heavily bandadged face..

3. Flash back to Yura crying about "what have i done" while Frank holds him and looks thru the fence.

4. Flash back to a panned out view of the helicopter and there is Yaponchik still in the back seat of the helicopter, as it takes off we see him, but HE NOW HAS NO BANDAGES..what a miracle.

5. Flash back to Yura blubbering, then flash back to the helicopter beginning to climb and there is Yaponchik again, now WITH THE BANDAGES...

dont know if anyone else caught it or not...just passing it on...the 666 on the undercarriage of the helicopter was a nice touch though.....

heres a good one...i was watching Maranatha again for the umpteenth time, and i noticed a blunder that got by the proofers...the helipad scene is as follows...(for those who care)

1. Yura helps a once mortally wounded Yapohchik across the helipad to the waiting helicopter.

2. Yura has second thoughts and runs to the fence, russian agents follow and draw their guns in a standoff. They then run back to the helicopter where we see Yaponchik  in the back seat and as he looks out, we see his one eye and his heavily bandadged face..

3. Flash back to Yura crying about "what have i done" while Frank holds him and looks thru the fence.

4. Flash back to a panned out view of the helicopter and there is Yaponchik still in the back seat of the helicopter, as it takes off we see him, but HE NOW HAS NO BANDAGES..what a miracle.

5. Flash back to Yura blubbering, then flash back to the helicopter beginning to climb and there is Yaponchik again, now WITH THE BANDAGES...

dont know if anyone else caught it or not...just passing it on...the 666 on the undercarriage of the helicopter was a nice touch though.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i noticed the 666 but never noticed the bangage think, as usual, you are the man horsemen..

• 5 years later...

I didn't see the shot with no bandages, but I think that shot was the second Russian guy coming back to get Yura, not Yaponchik. I did notice that when Frank started yelling "Yura" that Yaponchik's facial bandages appeared to be falling off his face, probably from the helicopter wind. The first shot had Yap actually holding on to the bandage. The second shot had his arm in a peculiar upward position that appeared to only be keeping the bandage from blowing away and serving no other purpose. The helicopter takeoff shots show Yap twice with a tighter and higher wrapped facial bandage.

All in all, a good job by the makeup department, given the circumstances!

On a different note, I saw Peter giving one of the Russian guys a nasty facial shove! This was right before they drew their guns.

:rock2:

Wow wee, I have got to watch this episode again just to see this bandage thing for myself.

On a different note, I saw Peter giving one of the Russian guys a nasty facial shove! This was right before they drew their guns.

Go Peter Watts ! ! ! :angry:

I can rattle off most of the dialogue in this episode, except for the Russian parts! But I, too, missed the bandage thing and Peter's cool facial shove for years. Hmm. Being unarmed and shoving a Russian mobster in the face........that's gutsy!

There's so much going on in that scene anyway, so the minor details are easy to miss. It's was hard to focus on other things when one hears Frank Black actually raising his voice and yelling....a rare occasion!