Nigh Stalker Clip Preview

Rate this topic

Guest Kolchak
any idea when it is suppose to air??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's supposed to start airing this fall on thursday nights opposite CSI. A pretty rough time slot to start a series off. I will definitely be taping it. CSI is my wife's absolute favorite show.

Guest Kolchak
So far I am not sure how I feel about the fairly short clips, but I know my immediate reaction was that Kolchak should be older. Even though I am sure that I fall directly into the demographic they're trying to appeal to by making him a "hip", late twenty-something, it still feels somewhat wrong to me. That said, I completely agree that show deserves a chance. It's really a shame that the built in audience it should have is getting set to hate it before they've even aired an episode.

Clearly Kolchak isn't exactly a household name, so I really have to believe that the people who thought this up are doing it out of respect for the original character, rather than just phoning in a watered down update to cash in. With that in mind, I am willing to shelve my assumptions and give it a fair shot. And with X-Files gone, I definitely have room in my life for another take on the creature of the week hunters. I am surprised that more folks don't seem to agree and would rather shoot it down before it even gets off the ground.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sort of agree with you. I will certainly give it a fair shot. I really want it to be great. There are a lot of bad TV shows out there right now and we sure good use a good one. I don't mind his age as much as the tone of the clips. He seems to lack the humor and the everyman quality of the original Kolchak. It's hard to tell from 3 or 4, 20 second clips, but that is my greatest fear. From what I've read, it appears that there will be more of a continuing thread to the series involving his missing/dead wife. So it sounds like it won't be the monster of the week type of show as in the past. A member of the yahoo Kolchak group claimed to have seen the pilot and did not seem impressed. He didn't give a lot of details, but he didn't sound optimistic. I certainly would not pass judgement after only one episode though. Very few show have a very strong pilot (Millennium excluded of course). There is a lot of work to be done such as setting the plot line, introducing characters, explaining relationships, etc. The characters need time to grow on you.