Kristen Cloke

Rate this topic

Guest lonegungrrly1121

I love the field where i died. I think that Kristen's acting was amazing. It must be such a hard role to act being so many different people!

Has she been in anything else since MM??

• Elders (Admins)

A lot of people think she's a lousy actress, but I think she she's great too.

I couldn't believe my luck when I saw her disappear in SAAB and enter Millennium - bonus!

Guest SouthernCelt

I think there's certain roles she wouldn't do well in but for those I've seen her do, she was excellent. I never miss a rerun of "Field Where I Died" if I know it's on. Besides Kristen's role, I was interested in the prior life story line since I'm Southern and they were "recalling" prior lives as Southerners. Even in a story that was as serious as that one, I found Mulder's recollection that Scully was his sergeant in the Confederate Army to be wryly humorous.

Hi lonegungyrrly (hope the spelling is right)

I love Kristen and she is outstanding in 'The Field Where I Died' (though I agree with The Old Man, I have some friends who think she is the universe's worst actress: we argue a lot!) If you perchance upon the DVD of Willard (A quite watchable event despite the reviews) Kristen contributes loads to the bonus track 'Year of the Dog' - she was due to have a major part in the film but due to her pregnancy she had to be content with supporting her husband through the shoot. It is scandalous that Kristen only seems to be cast in roles that her husband has a major hand in: there has to be a vehicle out there for her somewhere but it does seem that she is content, for the meantime, with the major job of raising a family. I, for one, missed Lara throughout Season 3 of Millennium (more than I ever missed Catherine) and there hasn't been a decent Kristen fix for moons.......

Hopefully the time is near for her return,

Till then

ethsnafu

(Oddly in said X-Files episode: Mulder recalls the Cigarette Smoking Man as having been a Nazi Guard in a previous life, though he would have been alive in his present incarnation at the time of Mulder's regression...)

kristen6ld.th.jpg

• Elders (Admins)

I happenened to check on Kristen Cloke the other day to see if there were any performances I should look out for but she's done nothing of late since 2003. I assume its because she's committed to raising her family.

*Gotta love that handy new IMDB BBCode!

Guest SouthernCelt
(Oddly in said X-Files episode: Mulder recalls the Cigarette Smoking Man as having been a Nazi Guard in a previous life, though he would have been alive in his present incarnation at the time of Mulder's regression...)

Since the past life under the Nazis that Mulder recalled was dated as to year, I presumed CSM's Nazi existence must have been cut short allowing him to be born anew in his CSM incarnation in the early to mid 1940s which would age him just about right for being a twenty-ish GI in '63 when he entered his nefarious black-ops life.

Guest lonegungrrly1121
Hi lonegungyrrly (hope the spelling is right)

I love Kristen and she is outstanding in 'The Field Where I Died' (though I agree with The Old Man, I have some friends who think she is the universe's worst actress: we argue a lot!) If you perchance upon the DVD of Willard (A quite watchable event despite the reviews) Kristen contributes loads to the bonus track 'Year of the Dog' - she was due to have a major part in the film but due to her pregnancy she had to be content with supporting her husband through the shoot. It is scandalous that Kristen only seems to be cast in roles that her husband has a major hand in: there has to be a vehicle out there for her somewhere but it does seem that she is content, for the meantime, with the major job of raising a family. I, for one, missed Lara throughout Season 3 of Millennium (more than I ever missed Catherine) and there hasn't been a decent Kristen fix for moons.......

Hopefully the time is near for her return,

Till then

ethsnafu

kristen6ld.th.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi!

i shall definately add that to my 'video's to get' list. already on there are many Lance henriksen films I need to get also!

I personally thought that her role in TFWID would have been challanging for anyone, so hats off to her.

hehe at lest you have freinds that know who she is! (or anyone in MM or XF for that matter lol )

and oh yeah! i can't believe that I hadn't noticed that CSM would still be alive! what a silly mistake to make lol still your the only person i know who has noticed it so well done :clapping:

however a nazi Guard is quite fitting, especially because he plays a Nazi guard in season 6 episode 'Triangle' coincedence??

Unfortunately, for my friends, each of us owned the tv for one night during our Uni years. They dreaded my nights with a passion: Millennium, X-Files and a Clangers double bill.....those were the days....

Since the past life under the Nazis that Mulder recalled was dated as to year, I presumed CSM's Nazi existence must have been cut short allowing him to be born anew in his CSM incarnation in the early to mid 1940s which would age him just about right for being a twenty-ish GI in '63 when he entered his nefarious black-ops life.

I confess to thinking the same way when I first watched 'Field' t'was only later that I realised the writers must have got it wrong. Information regarding CSM's age is sketchy at best : the most accessible place to look is 'Musing's of a Cigarette Smoking Man' which credits his birth as 20 August 1940 - allowing for nine months 'bun in the oven' time this does, just, allow him to be the reincarnation of the nasty Nazi, though the Nazi Death Camps were operational between 1942 and 1945 so that date is not without issues. Unfortunately the nature of the truth in this episode is complex as there are two possible sources for the narrative, namely, the CSM's memories or Frohike's version consisting of the fictional account of his life the CSM gave to the editor of Roman a' Clef. As events in this episode challenged the established canon of X-Files mythology the latter is the most plausible explanation and clearly the reason the CSM did not kill Frohike for recounting this tale - the truth, in this instance, is NOT out there.....

The biggest hint to the antiquity of the CSM comes in Apocrypha which recounts the events of 19 August 1953 with a submariner telling his story to an investigative unit of Bill Mulder, CSM and, possibly, Deep Throat. If we assume that the CSM was a black ops agent by the tender age of 18 (highly implausible I admit) it still gives his birth date as 1938 at the earliest - give him a more realistic age and this is pushed even further back. There are references to his conspiracy involvement in 1952 (Travelers) and possibly as early as 1947 (Chris Carter's hidden track on the X-Files album). If we accept the CSM's vainglory and his rather romantic account of his life as given in 'Musings' we must accept that he was a government agent at the age of 12(ish) and even he aint that good.....does seem as though he is as old as God's dog.

I'm gonna give Mulder the benefit of doubt on this one: regression therapy is not an exact science and even he was known to be wrong on many occasions, bless him.

Till then,

ethsnafu

ppmorley14xh.jpg