The Beginning And The End

Rate this topic

There are a couple of issues with TBATE that i was wondering if anyone else has noticed..

1. When Frank finds the polaroid picture in the deserted house, the address shows his and Catherine's old address on Mariner Lane as 108 Mariner, yet when Frank has his flashes, the address is 801 Mariner..the numbers are reversed...

2. also,is the aerial photograph of the house where the polaroid man lives the same as Lucy Butler's

house in "A Room With No View"?...i would swear they are the same photo....

just putting it out there for everyone...

Till the Last Change....Be Done.

fourhorseman

"I am the alpha and I am the omega, I am the beginning and I am the end. And soon he will come to understand this as he works to get inside me. With me his gift his useless"

Salutations my friend,

The 801 reference is one of the most profound 'blink and you will miss it' references in the history of television and involves a healthy dose of Gematria: an art used by initiates of the Kaballah to assist them in the perception of mysteries within the scriptures (Gematria involves finding the numerical value of a word and, therefore, understanding the occult 'nature' of it by comparison with those words that share the same numerical value (if that makes any sense as possibly one of the worst explanations of Gematria ever given)).

801 in Gemetria (Greek Isopsephia Values) is the numerical value of the biblical phrase 'Alpha and Omega.' Alpha and Omega shares the numerical value 801 with the word Dove.

Isn't MM just continually astonishing?

Of course it could simply be some reversal of the print and I'm getting excited, and slightly deluded, over nothing.........

Till then,

ethsnafu

dove5qf.th.jpg

8016wp.th.jpg

"I am the alpha and I am the omega, I am the beginning and I am the end. And soon he will come to understand this as he works to get inside me.  With me his gift his useless"

Salutations my friend,

The 801 reference is one of the most profound 'blink and you will miss it' references in the history of television and involves a healthy dose of Gematria: an art used by initiates of the Kaballah to assist them in the perception of mysteries within the scriptures (Gematria involves finding the numerical value of a word and, therefore, understanding the occult 'nature' of it by comparison with those words that share the same numerical value (if that makes any sense as possibly one of the worst explanations of Gematria ever given)).

801 in Gemetria (Greek Isopsephia Values) is the numerical value of  the biblical phrase 'Alpha and Omega.' Alpha and Omega shares the numerical value 801 with the word Dove.

Isn't MM just continually astonishing?

Of course it could simply be some reversal of the print and I'm getting excited, and slightly deluded, over nothing.........

Till then,

ethsnafu

dove5qf.th.jpg

8016wp.th.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

either way it turns out, that is some awesome research and knowledge on your part, kudos.

Thanks for the kind words: I tend to see things that probably aren't even there but I find this kind of thing fun, more so than UK Morning TV at least. I'm convinced that there is a Kabbalistic clue in the above, the oral tradition of Kabbalah was called 'The Voice of the Dove': there's doves everywhere you look....

Not only do Doves share the same 'occult' value/nature as the Biblical phrase 'Alpha and Omega' it is worth noting their apparent use as a nod towards Catherine and ultimately the changes brought about to her.

Doves are considered the most loyal mates of all creatures in nature: they are reputed to never remate. As well as their associations with peace, in more esoteric thinking they represent The Holy Ghost which equates to the Divine Feminine. Considering the symbolism of the loyal, female mate it is interesting to note that they also symbolise the alchemical philosophy of transformation into opposites: the precise change that occurs to Catherine's loyalty to Frank as a result of the events of Paper Dove/The Beginning and the End. To further find meaning in the Dove symbolism: In the 'Feri Tradition' disconnection from our Sacred Dove (the soul), can lead us into disconnection from our society and in extreme situations lead to serial killers and slavery - linking both Catherine and The Polaroid Man by its metaphor and also hinting at the reason why the Paper Dove was used as it shares so many analogies with the Polaroid Man's intentions/modus operandi. Who know's if it is implied or imagined there certainly are many links between 801, the Dove, the 'Alpha and Omega' and the episodes Paper Dove and The Beginning and the End....I think.........

Till then,

ethsnafu

dove5zr.th.jpg