Single Blade Of Grass

Rate this topic

I know that for some people, holding your breath is very difficult. This is obviously the case in "A Single Blade of Grass". In the scene where the construction foreman dies of a heart attack, as Frank rises after trying to give him CPR, Reynard asks Frank if he is dead. Frank responds in the affirmative. Reynard then approaches Frank and says "It always starts this way, a single blade of grass". As he walks away and Frank turns around to look down at the corpse, ITS BREATHING..the chest is moving up and down and can be clearly seen with the way the light hits the shirt...now, one would think that if a plain ordinary joe like myself caught this, the network proofers certainly should have...anyway, its always fun to find like quirks...doesnt take away from the fact that MillenniuM is/was one of the greatest shows to grace network television...

p.s. - i need everyone's opinion. Is my signature a bit too depressing? Should i change it to something fluffier or lighter? Every once in a while i read it and think that many of you probably believe that i am sitting around my pc with bibles stacked to the roof, spouting prophecy at my neighbors thru the fence, as exemplified by the attached photo. If the next event in my life is repeatedly stabbing a box of Wheaties with a plastic knife, will that, by definition, make me a cereal killer?

Till the Last Change...Be Done..

fourhorseman...

post-1098-1116963837.gif

Guest lonegungrrly1121
I know that for some people, holding your breath is very difficult. This is obviously the case in "A Single Blade of Grass". In the scene where the construction foreman dies of a heart attack, as Frank rises after trying to give him CPR, Reynard asks Frank if he is dead. Frank responds in the affirmative. Reynard then approaches Frank and says "It always starts this way, a single blade of grass". As he walks away and Frank turns around to look down at the corpse, ITS BREATHING..the chest is moving up and down and can be clearly seen with the way the light hits the shirt...now, one would think that if a plain ordinary joe like myself caught this, the network proofers certainly should have...anyway, its always fun to find like quirks...doesnt take away from the fact that MillenniuM is/was one of the greatest shows to grace network television...

p.s. - i need everyone's opinion. Is my signature a bit too depressing? Should i change it to something fluffier or lighter? Every once in a while i read it and think that many of you probably believe that i am sitting around my pc with bibles stacked to the roof, spouting prophecy at my neighbors thru the fence, as exemplified by the attached photo. If the next event in my life is repeatedly stabbing a box of Wheaties with a plastic knife, will that, by definition, make me a cereal killer?

fourhorseman...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have noticed quite a few breathing corpses in millenniuM, it's quite distracting! lol

I think your Signature is original, fitting and pretty cool. :clapping:

I have noticed quite a few breathing corpses in millenniuM, it's quite distracting! lol

I think your Signature is original, fitting and pretty cool.    :clapping:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks lonegungrrly1121...i appreciate your vote...you are correct, the number of breathing corpses is staggering...i forgot to mention the old lady in "Goodbye Charlie"...you can see her heart beating thru all the makeup in the neck area...thanks again for the yes vote...

yes 1

no 0

off to an early lead....

post-1098-1116975848_thumb.jpg

fourhorseman...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, thats a great mental picture though, shouting the gospel at the neighbors through the fence, i have a couple of those types at my job in the city i work in..lol, your signature if great horesmen, millennium was not a feel good or fluffy show, it was a very serious and melancholy at best in its mood, signature is great.

Another 'yup' vote! Keep it dark! Of course you could dispense with popular opinion and go for something humorous in a Jose Chung sort of way though I doubt your messages would have the same oomph is your signature began along the lines of "There was a young women called Catherine...." or other such jolities. By the way, I love your new avatar........

Till then,

ethsnafu

Guest LadyBlack

fourhorseman...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever since I listened to some radio show which went on about someone who always looks for breathing "corpses", I try not to look. I get distracted if they breathe and distracted if they don't, because then I'm thinking, "She/He is holding her beath all the way through this scene, is she/he going to run out?"

The only drepressing thing about you is your puns - only kidding! :fool:

Michael Green's book "A guide to Coarse acting" suggests that if you are going to die on stage, make sure you die in a comfortable position. Otherwise, after ten minutes you'll cramp up.

I remember a classic radio four play in which an actor was late on for the beginning of the play - the curtain was about to go up, and he was the dead body in the first scene. We then hear the review of the play which made a great deal of the fact that there were two corpses instead of one, and how one tried surreptitiously to crawl off-stage, only to be grabbed by the ankle by the other one!

Guest SouthernCelt
Michael Green's book "A guide to Coarse acting" suggests that if you are going to die on stage, make sure you die in a comfortable position.  Otherwise, after ten minutes you'll cramp up. 

I remember reading an anecdote about a rather famous stage actor (the name escapes me) who had been told this for his role in which he was killed on stage and had to lie motionless on the floor while the hero solved the crime. He took this advice so to heart that he fell into a postion on a thick area carpet that was so comfortable he fell asleep and began snoring loudly just as the hero was naming the murderer. The audience laughed so hard the play was never finished. I think this was told in one of those "most embarassing moments" admissions by the actor himself.

I remember reading an anecdote about a rather famous stage actor (the name escapes me) who had been told this for his role in which he was killed on stage and had to lie motionless on the floor while the hero solved the crime.  He took this advice so to heart that he fell into a postion on a thick area carpet that was so comfortable he fell asleep and began snoring loudly just as the hero was naming the murderer.  The audience laughed so hard the play was never finished.  I think this was told in one of those "most embarassing moments" admissions by the actor himself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, what i thought was going to be a "light" topic, i fear has led many of my fellow brethren in the MillenniuM realm on a "downbeat" path and thus it warrants further explanation in order to uphold my "upbeatness". (No offense Psycho!!!)

I can't tell you why an oversight/error is suddenly noticed for the first time after 15 viewings. More than likely the familiarity with the episodes lends itself to a greater degree of "mind wandering" the more it is watched and thus allows one to subconsciously record those events not previously noted.

It has nothing to do with the beauty and splendor that MillenniuM brings to the mix. It takes nothing away from the meaning and effect the show has had on my life, leading me to this very board where i have come to know a myriad of wonderful people, that alone makes it all worthwhile. To Ladyblack, you think those were bad, wait until i actually come up with something good...i thought the cereal killer was pretty clever :clapping: ...no? :cry: oh well :eyes:

post-1098-1117035379_thumb.jpg

Guest arcanamundi

fourhorseman...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like your sig... though I admit it strikes me as solemn, making me think 'this is one serious dude about Millennium' -- but I think the reason for that is because I can't help hearing Philip Baker Hall's voice resonant as a funeral bell in my mind when I read the words.

I like your sig... though I admit it strikes me as solemn, making me think 'this is one serious dude about Millennium' -- but I think the reason for that is because I can't help hearing Philip Baker Hall's voice resonant as a funeral bell in my mind when I read the words.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your thoughts....I dont really define myself as "one serious dude about MillenniuM"...i do enjoy the way that Carter makes you think while watching. Its not like a myriad of other shows, where you can vacuum the house, wash the windows, scrub the floor, make dinner, take out the trash, etc and still not skip a beat..it requires you to think about the way the issues are presented...No one should read into my signature of Rev 6:8 or my Till the Last Change...Be Done...as representing a person whose life revolves at one with MillenniuM...it is after all ENTERTAINMENT...it just happens to touch on so many subjects that have interested both myself and other members of TIWWA for some time...

In all seriousness, i am just as capable of quoting Monty Python as the Bible..after a few pints they get all jumbled together in some very hilarious sequences....so i just thought that i would try to show i am not as dark as some of you think...

am i right ethsnafu? Gunslinger?...help me here......

Till the Last Change...Be Done...

The Fourth Horseman...