It doesn't look like it going to happen

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming
at least for awhile. Maybe Fox is taking their time and really putting an effort into the set. I haven't heard anything about it since that blurb on the Home Theater Forum. I hope they aren't waiting until all the X-Files sets are released.  Ah, it just kills me when they can realease cool stuff like 24, Futurama, The Family Guy all of which are much newer shows and neglect something as amazing as MM. Heck, they even released Malcolm in The Middle. Thank God I have my MM bootleg dvds.

I have often compared the MLM fan hype, rumor mill, and hopes about the possibility of a dvd release to true religious millennialists (such as the Millerites or Millennarians, and other millennialist sects), who believe "the time is near..." and in some cases even set a date for their "savior's" return or the apocalypse.  Then the finding that it hasn't happened, they keep changing "the time" or the meaning of "he's comming soon" or "the time is near", or they even reset the date or year or decade of Armagedon, etc.

There was big hype from fans last year that the dvd release would be this past summer.  Then when summer came and no dvd release, the rumour was that "the time would come" in the fall... then winter... etc.... NOW this past December and in January, I heard speculation from fans about "the time" being sometime this year... on and on...

Kind of funny, isn't it - MLM fans falling prey to a millennial mind set!

The other thing that MLM fans do when it comes to the rumoured dvd release, which is similar to the millennialist believers is looking for "signs and wonders," and coming up with all sorts of meaning out of nothing at all.  For instance, last year, after someone - who allegedly worked at Fox - leaked that Fox was working on a MLM S1 soundtrack, MLM fans have been all over this one, saying things like, "Oh! Well, they must be planning a dvd release, since they are making a soundtrack..." blah blah blah.   I mean, first of all, there is really no confirmation that Fox was in the process of making such a soundtrack (unless you call a bootleg cd of MLM s1 tracks proof).  And secondly, that's sort of a leap isn't it?  Basing one's certainty about a desparately hoped for dvd release on the word of someone who claims to work for fox and said it on some message board somewhere!

If that is not blind fanaticism and almost religious devotion and hype, I don't know what is!

I guess MLM fans can truly be millenniumistic at times!     :laugh:

....i'm kinda surprised to hear you say that about the S-1 sountrack psycho. i have zero doubt that this is a genuine beta-version of potential official release by either snow or fox. these 23 magnificent tracks were certainly NOT just thrown together by some hack as the musical sequences are much to long,and some even blend in with other ep music,to have been culled from the broadcast-eps themselves by a hack. and the 3:33 version of the theme song is a flawless/seamless work of art. and now that i've had the pleasure to hear a near 4-minute version of the S3-version of the theme song i'm convinced that "something" is surely happening.-(i'm just hoping it's comming from mark snow and not "FUX",though i doubt it) For me it's a question of "WHO" and "WHEN" more than "IF".  unless i misunderstood this post i thought for sure you were a beleiver in the S1-soundtrack(???)      Hmmmmmmmmm :suspect:   i do,however totally get what you are saying about the dvd issue. but i do think at least a S1 release is inevitable. I HOPE :p

~rivers of peace,

se7en :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Me too Scott my man.  :grin:  

There's no way that it could be anything less than a professional studio made promo CD.

As for Millennium DVD's I still think were on track.

When Peter Straddon of Fox issued his list he made several predictions of box set releases. To date, those predictions have been maintained, least as far as I can tell in the right order too. I can only guess it will continue.

For me I look forward seeing it release as much as anyone else and I will sell my sould to the devil to own them. Once they are released, Se7enand1's DVD Collection will become even more priceless as a Millennium Collectible.

Gra.

:ouro:

Guest Second Coming
As for Millennium DVD's I still think were on track.

When Peter Straddon of Fox issued his list he made several predictions of box set releases. To date, those predictions have been maintained, least as far as I can tell in the right order too. I can only guess it will continue.

That is a very good point. I had not realized that.

Wow!  I was really batting a thousand with expressing myself last night!  :(  :oops:

Okay, my real emphasis about the soundtrack was to point out, and emphasis the hearsay and the assumptions that folks were basing one its existence.  I don't doubt the quality of the cd itself.  And I truly hope that the sound track will be released.  My emphasis that fans, in understandable wishfulness, are making a assumption about a dvd release with a fair flimbsy basis.  That's all.

Ciao,

Scott

• Elders (Admins)

I think it's because we fans have been constantly let down so many times. It's not easy when you are waiting on a corporation as big and multifacted as Fox. We see so much junk on sale everytime we visit the DVD section of shop or store and it all adds to the bigger questions - why? When?

We're a resiliant lot though and (insert Deity here) knows we've been patient enough...

Gra. :ouro:

Okay, another little clarification.  I don't doubt that the source of the s1 cd that is floating around is Fox.  Nor that it may be intended to eventually be a soundtrack for the dvd and/or a separate music release.  The thing that just sort of sticks out to me is the willingness of MLM fans to take as fact, that which they hear thru message board grapevines, and then build this hearsay into "facts" or "forcasts" about future releases.

Now, a much more reliable source of information are the dreams of a MLM/Doomsday Defense enthusiast about the coming of the MillenniuM Fan Convention!  :laugh:

By the way, I had another one last night!   This time, one of the writers/producers shows up at the convention for an workshop and autograph session in another part of the complex.... I will share it eventually in the Millennium Group Coffee Lounge.

Sweet Dreams,

Scott