Security Phrases

Rate this topic

Guest The time is Near

Guest The time is Near

i liked the security phrases each member had my favourite has to been when peter hacks into the old man's account

" The time is near"

what is your favourite phrase?

Guest tricky2k

"Oh, my god, it's full of stars", another "2001, a space odissey" reference, in the mouth of Peter Watts

Kinda freak was Roedecker :bigsmile:

Guest blondton13
got to be ' Soylent green is people'.. I remember when that movie was first released..it sure had people freaking! Great cast too! :clapping:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine, too!!!! I had to research that when I first heard it, as the movie was alittle before my time. Now it's one of my favorites, as you can see by my signature! :wtf:

The Old Man's "The Time Is Near" is really good, but I have to go with Frank's "Soylant Green Is People". His delivery of the phrase, especially the 1st time, is just classic! LOL He seems almost embarrased! So fitting for his caracter, and the detached position he took with the group.

got to be ' Soylent green is people'.. I remember when that movie was first released..it sure had people freaking! Great cast too! :clapping:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ditto, i remember when that movie was big, its also a great phrase, especially as said by frank black:)

ditto, i remember when that movie was big, its also a great phrase, especially as said by frank black:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they are all good phrases....i am particularily fond of "The Time is Near" by the Old Man...the tone and inflection are perfect...a lighthouse of calm in a sea of uncertainty...

anybody up for a new thread on what other phrases would have been just as good?

Till the Last Change....Be Done...

The Fourth Horseman...

"Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL,"

"I’m sorry Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that..."

Of course I'm going to vote for Lara, it's an obsession and frankly its incurable and more importantly it is from a masterpiece of movie. Hal singing "Daisy Bell (A Bicycle Built for Two" is so macabre...my mother used to sing this to me as child though she was slightly less robotic and wasn't condemning me to the vacuum of space at the time. That said, when Lara says it try and NOT think of the word husky (as in tonal value not dog.)

Till then,

ethsnafu

post-1185-1117789447_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BlackJack_2000

Soylent Green is people, is definitely a favorite security phrase of mine. First time I heard it said was just the other day, I watched the season two premiere for the first time, and thoroughly enjoyed it.