Finis Ab Origine Pedet

Rate this topic

Firstly, I love the Apocalypse web site, a huge round of applause to whoever is responsible....I was visiting the other night to and noticed the following phrase surrounding an image of Jordan on one of the wallpapers: "FINIS AB ORIGINE PEDET". Thanks for getting the old closet-Gnostic fireworks going, not only could it be the new 'the time is near' (at least in its translated form 'LOOK FOR THE END IN THE BEGINNING') but it has me thinking that 'Apocalypse' is going to somewhat seasontwoesque (not a word I admit) in tone. The above phrase, for those wondering what's tickling my fancy, is an old Gnostic rally cry to usher in the Apocalypse and to return existence back to its Eden-like innocence (if you chose this by accident, which I doubt, then you definitely had your hand guided.) I am getting more excited by this by the minute, considering that arcane symbolism is evident even before it has begun. I loved season two the most of all - this Gnostic symbolism can only be an excellent sign for the Wongsketeers like me.

I am also excited to see the return of The Marburg Virus. I hated the season three explanation for this outbreak as the group's attempts to cull a handful of errant remote viewers, that somehow it would be a good idea to use a deadly airborne virus which they couldn't protect their loved ones from than simply to shoot said psychics like they did everyone else. It was a massive leap from Morgan and Wong's apocalyptic horseman to Chris Carter's bizarre, and highly ridiculous, method of excecution. I cannot wait to see Jordan square up to her mothers killer, hopefully she will deliver some new, and more credible, answers to the reason behind the deadly prion.

Thanks for giving us something Millenniumistic to get excitied about,

ethsnafu

Guest Seraphim
Firstly, I love the Apocalypse web site, a huge round of applause to whoever is responsible....I was visiting the other night to and noticed the following phrase surrounding an image of Jordan on one of the wallpapers: "FINIS AB ORIGINE PEDET". Thanks for getting the old closet-Gnostic fireworks going, not only could it be the new 'the time is near' (at least in its translated form 'LOOK FOR THE END IN THE BEGINNING') but it has me thinking that 'Apocalypse' is going to somewhat seasontwoesque (not a word I admit) in tone. The above phrase, for those wondering what's tickling my fancy, is an old Gnostic rally cry to usher in the Apocalypse and to return existence back to its Eden-like innocence (if you chose this by accident, which I doubt, then you definitely had your hand guided.) I am getting more excited by this by the minute, considering that arcane symbolism is evident even before it has begun. I loved season two the most of all - this Gnostic symbolism can only be an excellent sign for the Wongsketeers like me.

I am also excited to see the return of The Marburg Virus. I hated the season three explanation for this outbreak as the group's attempts to cull a handful of errant remote viewers, that somehow it would be a good idea to use a deadly airborne virus which they couldn't protect their loved ones from than simply to shoot said psychics like they did everyone else. It was a massive leap from Morgan and Wong's apocalyptic horseman to Chris Carter's bizarre, and highly ridiculous, method of excecution. I cannot wait to see Jordan square up to her mothers killer, hopefully she will deliver some new, and more credible, answers to the reason behind the deadly prion.

Thanks for giving us something Millenniumistic to get excitied about,

ethsnafu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While I won't go to heavily in it, there are Gnostic overtones in the ending (In the process of writting). I had to hold back on some things, as I wanted to stay away from making it a little like Neon Genesis Evangelion in some of the overtones.