Democrats One And All

Rate this topic

Ok...since some of my posts have recently been misconstrued as too dark...lets lighten it up a bit...

In "Monster", at the beginning, while Miss Penny is reading the turkey lurkey poem, the camera begins to scan outside...did anyone pick up on the two rabbits named Bill and Hillory? Guess its appropriate since the episode concerns Probity Arkansas...or is there a politcal message there?? LOL........

Till the Last Change...Be Done

must maintain my upbeatness..must maintain my upbeatness....

The Fourth Horseman...

Wow! Good catch! I'll have to go back & watch that one again. I don't recall the bunnies at all.

must maintain my upbeatness..must maintain my upbeatness....

My dear Selfosophy Psycho would be proud! :2hands: :hands2:

I watched the same episode last night my friend, something guides us (cue eerie music.) I did notice the rabbits but didn't realise the Bill and Hillary reference (silly English person). Don't you think it so appropriate to set the episode against the backdrop of Probity? A word meaning tried virtue or integrity; approved moral excellence; honesty; uprightness etc. etc. And a 'penny plot' (insert extra T for character's name) is a plot to frame someone for your own evil doings.

Now here's my thing: In the final(ish) scene when Lara stares at the clouds through the plane window it almost appears that the special effects were rendered in the silent-movie era, we're talking clouds on strings or at the least not particularly effective effects, I have a theory that this is a scene from another cult classic which I am in the process of searching for or it could be from Wladyslaw Starewicz's short film Fétiche which made it into 'The Curse of Frank Black'. If I find it I shall put some images up here to explore...

Till then,

ethsnafu

"The old believers said that rabbits had been created by God using methods too wonderful for us to comprehend. The new believers said that rabbits had been created from sludge, by methods too complex for us to calculate and by methods likely enough involving improbable happenings." Sir Fredrick Hoyle 1999.

• Elders (Admins)
...I have a theory that this is a scene from another cult classic which I am in the process of searching for or it could be from Wladyslaw Starewicz's short film Fétiche which made it into 'The Curse of Frank Black'. If I find it I shall put some images up here to explore...

Till then,

ethsnafu

You might find this post interesting!

I don't recall them either but will look out for that one again.

Moved to Caveats so we can find it again for the episode guide.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, I must be coming out of my doldrums, because i believe i spotted another gaffaw in "The Pest House" but i will have to watch it again today to know for sure...hey, this upbeatness really works... :jumping::fool::clapping::cry:

yes, I must be coming out of my doldrums, because i believe i spotted another gaffaw in "The Pest House" but i will have to watch it again today to know for sure...hey, this upbeatness really works... :jumping:  :fool:  :clapping:  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, i have re-watched "The Pest House"and discovered that in the beginning scene where Katie itches her arm with a coat hanger, at the end when Purdue walks away, he is limping, favoring his left leg. Later, when he corners the Doctor and tells her "Don't you know? Edward is the Devil", he walks away favoring the right leg...

is this something to be frightened of :eyes: ? The ability to pick out bizarre inconsistencies such as this? Is it because of my profound solemnity :alien2: ? Is it a by-product of being a dark, gloomy brooder? :ghostface: .

I am feeling the tentacles of "downbeatness" creeping in...i need a group hug...LOL........ :Gehenna_demon:

Till the Last Change...Be Done...

The Fourth Horseman....

Thanks and thanks again for the link to the post Old Man. I am having trouble finding it in its entirety and hope that when I do it will solve the 'Blue Peter' special effects conundrum. I had wondered if the odd clouds were 'stolen' from The Twilight Zone: Nightmare at 20,000 Feet' but they weren't. If anyone is wondering what the heck I am referring to, it is this scene. Not a great gif rendering but we're talking cotton wool on wires here.

post-1185-1118942749_thumb.jpg

Till then,

ethsnafu