Season 3 Artwork

Rate this topic

Guest Demolition Man

MillenniumS3French.jpg

Thanks to TVShowsOnDVD.com for the image. Aweful... just aweful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Demolition Man...could not agree with you any more...not good....a montage of Butler, Frank, Peter, and/or Jordan would have been way better..by the way your avatar looks suspiciously like Roger Waters of Pink Floyd...

Guest chrisnu

The makers of the cover art certainly aren't in touch with the themes of each season; the imagery chosen seems arbitrary. It's not as awful-looking as the Season 2 cover art, but it's very close. The Region 2 cover art is far superior.

The makers of the cover art certainly aren't in touch with the themes of each season; the imagery chosen seems arbitrary. It's not as awful-looking as the Season 2 cover art, but it's very close. The Region 2 cover art is far superior.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

got to agree with you there chrisnu....2nd season was the worst by far...whats with the eyeball?

I wrote a message in the Millenniumistic TV section regarding MPD Psycho, a Japanese creation concerning a mentally troubled detective, strange (and I mean strange) serial killers and his nemesis, the beautiful Lucy. Have a look at their DVD cover.

post-1185-1119046500_thumb.jpg

The eye on the Millennium cover is from Saturn Dreaming of Mercury in which it has absolutely no bearing on the plot, is never given an explanation for its inclusion and is just odd that it should be chosen to represent the whole season when it didn't even represent the story it was in. Couldn't we have a picture of Emma getting beaten up from 'Human Essence' or is that just cruel.......

Till then,

ethsnafu

I wrote a message in the Millenniumistic TV section regarding MPD Psycho, a Japanese creation concerning a mentally troubled detective, strange (and I mean strange) serial killers and his nemesis, the beautiful Lucy. Have a look at their DVD cover.

post-1185-1119046500_thumb.jpg

The eye on the Millennium cover is from Saturn Dreaming of Mercury in which it has absolutely no bearing on the plot, is never given an explanation for its inclusion and is just odd that it should be chosen to represent the whole season when it didn't even represent the story it was in. Couldn't we have a picture of Emma getting beaten up from 'Human Essence' or is that just cruel.......

Till then,

ethsnafu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gee, no wonder i am in the dark about the eye, S3 wont be released until 9/6 here in that impoverished, backwards county known as the United States..

Guest Demolition Man
by the way your avatar looks suspiciously like Roger Waters of Pink Floyd...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is Roger "In The Flesh" indeed. ;)

Yeah, that artwork is pretty bad. I looked for some kind of feedback form or email address on the Fox Home Video website but couldn't find one. I found this one on the main Fox site. It's for feedback about their shows: askfox@foxinc.com

This is what *I* wrote. (For those who care to know.)

Dear Fox, please pass along this note to the proper dept.:

Just saw the planned artwork for Millennium's third season:

https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3557

Jeez, that's TERRIBLE. Worse than the art for season two, which everyone agreed was very, very bad. (The masks from "A Single Blade Of Grass?"--an episode nobody liked, and was unrelated to the rest of the season.)

C'mon, Fox: You ruined the box art for season two. You may as well take a short amount of time to come up with better art for season three. Do a poll on your website and let the fans vote for their favorite art (like Columbia TriStar did with their releases of Popular and Party Of Five). I guarantee: nobody will vote for the eyeball.

My suggestion:

Change the artwork from the eyeball to a skull, or mound of skulls (from the episode "Skull and Bones"), since that is a) better, spookier image and b) more appropriate to the season. It was at that point Frank and Emma understood the depths of the Millennium Group's corruption. (And use a gray color scheme, not that hideous blue.)

Ok....I agree....yeah they coulda done better, but I think that the images weren't chosen according to which were the BEST or most POPULAR episodes. Though "A Single Blade of Grass" wasn't very popular, but it was a cool image. The eyes from "Saturn Dreaming..." (also not a very popular episode) are kinda cool-looking too. I guess it's another example of FOX being oblivious to what the consumer wants.