Gehanna

Rate this topic

voidprime

I have seen Gehanna again yesterday.    I think this episode is better than the pilot in some aspects.    I like the scenes between Mike and Frank, and the ones between Frank and Catherine.  In a way, Gehanna continues from the pilot and also covers some ground that was covered in the pilot.   So I'm wondering would it have been better if Millennium started with Gehanna instead of the pilot episode since Gehanna covers some of the same ground about Frank and why he left, Frank and Catherine, introducing the Group again, and so on.    I get a feeling the Gehanna takes place weeks or months after the pilot.   Am I right on that point on passage of time?    Have a better one.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

:ouro:  :devil:  :ouro:

Guest Mr. Ected Hostility
To me "Gehenna" was like trying to show the other side the Carter had in mind when making MM. The Pilot had no mention of the supernatural, or the possiblity of evil as a real thing. I think it kind of picks up where the Pilot left off to let us know that this isn't going to be just seriel killers. I think there was a bit of confusion with the public's preceptions and the writing staff not sure just what kind of stories to tell for a while.

• 2 months later...
Guest Polaroid Stalker

The first episode of MillenniuM I ever saw, "Gehenna" grabbed my attention from the very beginning. When Eedo Bolow gets descended on and attacked by that winged beast (forever known to viewers from that point as the Gehenna Devil), I felt as though I were really there!

My two favorite scenes? The dialogue exchange between Catherine Black and Bob Bletcher in the Yellow House, and the climactic scene with Mike Atkins getting trapped in the giant microwave. Although I can't see why a senior Group member would be foolish enough to walk into one of these, knowing that many have died in it. If anybody can shed some light on this, please do.

But this episode is a real good outing. Five "questionable cult members" out of five!

Quote: "What the hell are you?" -- Peter Watts

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cookyman

That epsiode nearly put me off microwave meals!  Thats a scary thought- being cooked from the inside out eeeek!

:eyes:

• Elders (Admins)

LOL!

I remember lending the Pilot/Gehenna VHS tape I own to someone and when they returned it the guy said, "Wow! Microwaving somone... How cool can you get?!"

Maybe I just have some sick friends...   :tongue:

Gra.  :ouro:

I missed Gehanna when it first aired, and never saw it untill recently.  I ended up reading the book first.  (Little reminder...NEVER READ A BOOK LIKE THAT AT 1 AM, JUST BEFORE TRYING TO GO TO SLEEP! :eyes: )

When I finaly got to SEE it, I thought "NO-WAY will it get to me like the book did!  I already know what's going to happen!

(Little reminder....NEVER EVER WATCH THAT SHOW AT 1 AM, JUST BEFORE TRYING TO GO TO SLEEP!!! :eyes:  :eyes: )

• 1 year later...
Guest SteelyFan

I read the book too. It is well worth tracking down. It really fleshes out the story and gives an explanation as to why it was Edo's ear that survived, namely :

SPOILER!!!!

SPOILER!!!!

He wore a gold cross that was blessed by the priest of his village back in Chechnya, where he served as an altar boy.

END SPOILER!!!!

There is a lot of other extra information as well. Also, if you can track down a copy of the audio book, it is very cool listening to it being narrated by Bletch.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

I've been trying to get that audiobook for some time, I have a clip on my website. As its no longer available, would you consider recording it to your PC as an MP3 file? It would be wonderful to share with the community, I'd be more than happy to host the file at Millennium Desktop UK.

Regards,

Graham :ouro:

Guest SteelyFan

I have never done that before, but I imagine that it should not be that difficult to accomplish. I'll do some research on the procedure and hopefully can have it done within the next week or so. If it works out I'll do the same for Pilot, as I have the audiobook for that as well. The biggest challenge I see will be connectig my cassette player to my computer. Any ideas out there?