Gehanna

Rate this topic

voidprime

.......yes, the late Bob Wilde's character, Mabius does indeed speak, in one episode, of S3 contrary to what a few may think! ...can anyone else remember which one it is?  ...i just "know" that someone else has to know this!

~se7en :ouro:  :smokin:

Yes, he speaks Japanese in Bardo Thodol just before he impales the shopkeepers hand with a dagger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest GENESIS
Yes, he speaks Japanese in Bardo Thodol just before he impales the shopkeepers hand with a dagger.

And his Japanese allthough far from fluent isnt too bad,I have lived there for 6 years and speak and read a lot of it.(usually when people speak Japanese its spoken by Chinese and sounds horrid,why they get Chinese actors to act Japanese people is beyond me)

Ricardo Clement had/has me perplexed as to if he was the same character from Gehenna to the later episodes of Millenuim,as one of the groups "Hitmen" also having the drop on Emma Holis in one episode.(I was surprised he didnt kill her when he had the chance,possibly blinded by the greater task at hand which was to eliminate 512

I surmised that the Millenuim group had almost enlisted him as someone who could do a lot of the "dirty" work of the groups activities,like holing out the back of quite a few skulls with his 9mm...

Sorry for dredging up an old thread...

Edited by GENESIS

• 1 year later...

Like I said I am watching it all again from stert to end. This is the episode sets up a couple themes or mythologies for the series: Frank sees that evil comes from hell, and Frank can not have the "perfect" family life. Frank goes to the bible searching for answeres, becuase he is starting to believe that it's not a "bad man" but perhaps satan himself sitting in the interegation room. Watts even adds something like What the hell are you? that supports this idea.

We also get the foundations for struggle between Franks work and his wife's needs for him to be there for her.

I also notice that Mike doesn't say anything to contradict the idea that the group knows more about the Poloroid man than they let Frank know about. Listening for clues about the groups understanding about the Poloriod Man was sort of like watching 6th Sense for the second time.. lol.

I might have to add this episode to my top five.

On a lighter note. Two characters in this episode disapear soon. Did the annoying neighbor run off with Jordan's dog or what?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Like I said I am watching it all again from stert to end. This is the episode sets up a couple themes or mythologies for the series: Frank sees that evil comes from hell, and Frank can not have the "perfect" family life. Frank goes to the bible searching for answeres, becuase he is starting to believe that it's not a "bad man" but perhaps satan himself sitting in the interegation room. Watts even adds something like What the hell are you? that supports this idea.

We also get the foundations for struggle between Franks work and his wife's needs for him to be there for her.

I also notice that Mike doesn't say anything to contradict the idea that the group knows more about the Poloroid man than they let Frank know about. Listening for clues about the groups understanding about the Poloriod Man was sort of like watching 6th Sense for the second time.. lol.

I might have to add this episode to my top five.

On a lighter note. Two characters in this episode disapear soon. Did the annoying neighbor run off with Jordan's dog or what?

LOL, yes, maybe the annoying neighbor got his own series. Per haps is was like a modern day Brady Bunch and they needed the dog too. Like you, I think this episode is on the brink of being in my top 5, and probably is. It is in my top 10 for sure, but it's so hard to rate individual episodes. At the risk of being repetitive, I agree, this is the episode that started the "greater evil" theme. I can remember being almost giddy after watching this episode the first time around and getting a sense about how good this show was going to be, after they followed up the Pilot so brilliantly with Gehenna.

Guest Moriarty
LOL, yes, maybe the annoying neighbor got his own series. Per haps is was like a modern day Brady Bunch and they needed the dog too. Like you, I think this episode is on the brink of being in my top 5, and probably is. It is in my top 10 for sure, but it's so hard to rate individual episodes. At the risk of being repetitive, I agree, this is the episode that started the "greater evil" theme. I can remember being almost giddy after watching this episode the first time around and getting a sense about how good this show was going to be, after they followed up the Pilot so brilliantly with Gehenna.

So true. Pilot and Gehenna will never be equaled regarding show openers. That's my opinion anyway. Some months ago I watched Pilot, Gehenna, Lamentation and PPTAD back to back and I enjoyed it like never before. So scary and dark. These epsiodes were the essence of MM for me.

Guest JMunch

Re the time elapsed between Pilot and Gehenna:

The Pilot takes place in early February (my guess is February 2-8), 1996.

Gehenna occurs during four days in late September, 1996 ("The days are starting to get shorter" - Frank to Jack Meredith in act one). And, right, Benny has grown quite a bit.

Maybe I should change my nick to Timeline ... :hiya:

• 2 months later...
Guest Jim McLean

I enjoyed Gehanna but it didn't work quite as well for me as some of the other early episodes of season one. I did think the question and motivation of Evil was needed to kickstart the season and this dealt with the issue respectably.

I wasn't overkeen on the doomsday potential of the cult which just inadvertently harked back to so many series where the threat is far greater than the original premise.

Between this and the pilot, I preferred the pilot which was utterly horrific without feeling gratuitous - a serious balancing act, but Gehanna was enjoyable nevertheless.