19:19 And Edward Cayce

Rate this topic

In the episode 19:19, the name of the sherriffs missing daughter is Jessica Cayce. I wonder if this is a nod to Edgar Cayce, the well known seer, known otherwise as the famous "Sleeping Prophet", a modern day visionary. He was also credited with being a source of great and miraculous healing for untold numbers of people around the world.

In 19:19, when Frank is questioning Matthew Prine about the children, Frank asks him if by taking the children he thinks he can stop the inevitablity of World War 3, or Armageddon...Prine responds

"World War 3 has already started, people always think that wars happen in the future, but they happen in the past, the fighting is just the inevitable result of events that have already occurred."

Frank then asks why he took the children...this is where i think there may be some connection, however obtuse between the role the girl seems destined to play at a later time unknown, and the characteristics previously mentioned in regards to Edward Cayce...Prine responds..

"Just as he who will fight the wars, so is he that will end the fighting"

Frank asks if one of the children is a peacemaker and Prine responds..

"He, or she, is our only hope"

Obviously, Prine has had a vision that Cayce will be the "peacemaker" the world will need as prophecies are fulfilled, during these "last days".

Even Frank, at the end of the episode realizes that Jessica could quite possibly be a future savior, obviously someone with intuitive powers destined to make a difference in the lives of countless people..so could it be that with the recognition that there was something special about Jessica Cayce far and above the norm, and given that she was destined to be a "peacemaker", bringing healing to a world (just like Edward Cayce) poised on the brink of complete and utter anihilation?

I admit to not knowing much about Edward Cayce, but it seems odd that the exact same spelling of his last name would be used for a character who is foretold to become an obvious visionary, a modern day seer, a peacemaker to a world poised on the brink of complete and utter destruction..

And, if that is the case, i would think she would be of particular interest to the Group (especially the Rooster's) should the prophecies foretold in the Bible come to fruition. Surely, her talents would be sought after just as much as Danielle Barbakow in "Monster" or Claire McKenna in "Anamnesia".

Can anyone cast a brighter light on this subject? Ethsnafu? Vain68? Arcanamundi?RavenWolf? Old Man? Maxx?....anyone? or should this link be considered a weak one, with no real substantiation to prove its validity?? Might as well get the ball rolling....i will await your responses....

Till the Last Change...Be Done..

The Fourth Horseman...

• Elders (Moderators)

I wondered about this many moons ago, but didn't pursue it too much. I've had another look around the web and found this site: https://www.crystalinks.com/edgar_cayce.html .

I was particularly struck by this:

"He prophecized the Sphinx had been built in 10,500 BC and that survivors of Atlantis had concealed beneath it a "Hall of Records" containing all the wisdom of their lost civilization and the true history of the human race. Cayce prophesied that this Hall of Records would be rediscovered and opened between 1996 and 1998. He connected the opening to the second coming of Christ."

The children were concealed below ground as was the "Hall of Records" and this episode aired in 1997.

I think there are too many "coincidences" for the name of this character to be a coincidence.

I like your idea that the Group would be interested in Jessica - that makes me think that perhaps Peter Watts being able to pinpoint Prine's trailer wasn't solely due to the Group having a database of everyone who bought bibles, but maybe they already knew about Prine as well as Jessica.

By the way, the name "Matthew Prine" rings some very faint bells for me, but I haven't been able to make a link to a real-life person. Do you have any ideas where they might have got this name from?

There's no place like home.

The Cayce enigma fascinates me. He was most definitely included as a name reference partly due to the similarities mentioned but mainly because Cayce was, a prophet, a prophet who did devote a large portion of his 'sleeping' ministry to eschatological sayings. Most of the literary renderings of his life concentrate on his abilities as a healer, the bizarre concoctions he dreamt of that contained some very disagreeable ingredients but afforded miraculous cures (some of them had the opposite effect but that's another court case), but he was a devout Christian who prophesied much with regards to the second coming of Christ and the Apocalypse. He predicted, amongst other things......

"A shift in the world's axis around the year 2000 or shortly thereafter, leading to:

Inundations of many coastal regions, caused by a drop in the landmass of about 30 feet combined with a melting of both polar ice caps, including:

The loss of much of England (Nooooooooooo!) and Japan.

The flooding of northern Europe, which will happen very rapidly.

New land appearing off the east coast of North America, the so-called "rising of Atlantis".

The widespread destruction in Los Angeles, San Francisco and the destruction of Manhattan and disappearance of New York.

Volcanic eruptions in tropical regions and an increase in Pacific rim volcanic activity.

A general warming of currently cool areas, and cooling of warm areas of the globe."

In one particular sleep reading a discussion ensued regarding the second coming, a question and answer reading followed which reveals nothing new but is certainly odd.

Although Cayce was a devout Christian his Christian Theology was anything but orthodox. Cayce stated that the Body of Christ is the Father, the Mind of Christ is the Son, and the Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit. In other words, Jesus represented the body, mind and spirit of God. Jesus' message was that "ye are gods" (John 10:34). In other words, all humans can be as God in body, mind and spirit, just as Jesus was. Interestingly he is depicted as a reluctant, humble servant of the divine but as he became more famous his assertions that man could become Godly became a more central theme to his teachings.

*Ethsnafu loon moment*

Anyone else notice the feel of Wizard of Oz in this episode, the use of glaring Technicolor after the monochromatic tornado has ended, the mention by Lara Means that something or someone (can't recall the exact content) is 'over the rainbow', the name of the radio station (Kr:Oz), Some people, and I do mean some, think that the Wizard of Oz is an analogy of the apocalypse. Based on loose intimations seen in the film it has been deduced that the three who take up with Dorothy: The Scarecrow, The Tin Man, and The Cowardly Lion can be seen as archetypes for God's teachings. Of the scarecrows, God said, "I have chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. In weakness I will be shown strong." Of the Tin Man, God said, "These are my 'Caleb' people, those who have been 'put out to pasture.'" And finally the Cowardly Lion, afraid of his own shadow, but loyal to his friends even in the face of death. He is a type of many who, though born of the Lion of Judah, have been Intimidated by the spirit of witchcraft, which hates the anointing. Hmm.........

By the way, could Prine be a reference to Gunsmoke? It's a bit alien to me as a Limey but is there some thread between the story in both shows?

Till then it's lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

ethsnafu

post-1185-1119693457_thumb.jpg

In the episode 19:19, the name of the sherriffs missing daughter is Jessica Cayce. I wonder if this is a nod to Edward Cayce, the well known seer, known otherwise as the famous "Sleeping Prophet", a modern day visionary. He was also credited with being a source of great and miraculous healing for untold numbers of people around the world.

In 19:19, when Frank is questioning Matthew Prine about the children, Frank asks him if by taking the children he thinks he can stop the inevitablity of World War 3, or Armageddon...Prine responds

"World War 3 has already started, people always think that wars happen in the future, but they happen in the past, the fighting is just the inevitable result of events that have already occurred."

Frank then asks why he took the children...this is where i think there may be some connection, however obtuse between the role the girl seems destined to play at a later time unknown, and the characteristics previously mentioned in regards to Edward Cayce...Prine responds..

"Just as he who will fight the wars, so is he that will end the fighting"

Frank asks if one of the children is a peacemaker and Prine responds..

"He, or she, is our only hope"

Obviously, Prine has had a vision that Cayce will be the "peacemaker" the world will need as prophecies are fulfilled, during these "last days".

Even Frank, at the end of the episode realizes that Jessica could quite possibly be a future savior, obviously someone with intuitive powers destined to make a difference in the lives of countless people..so could it be that with the recognition that there was something special about Jessica Cayce far and above the norm, and given that she was destined to be a "peacemaker", bringing healing to a world (just like Edward Cayce)  poised on the brink of complete and utter anihilation?

I admit to not knowing much about Edward Cayce, but it seems odd that the exact same spelling of his last name would be used for a character who is foretold to become an obvious visionary, a modern day seer, a peacemaker to a world poised on the brink of complete and utter destruction..

And, if that is the case, i would think she would be of particular interest to the Group (especially the Rooster's) should the prophecies foretold in the Bible come to fruition. Surely, her talents would be sought after just as much as Danielle Barbakow in "Monster" or Claire McKenna in "Anamnesia".

Can anyone cast a brighter light on this subject? Ethsnafu? Vain68? Arcanamundi?RavenWolf? Old Man?  Maxx?....anyone? or should this link be considered a weak one, with no real substantiation to prove its validity?? Might as well get the ball rolling....i will await your responses....

Till the Last Change...Be Done..

The Fourth Horseman...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ummmm.... :hiya: Sorry, but I thought it was Edgar Cayce..... :eyes:

Ummmm....  :hiya:  Sorry, but I thought it was Edgar Cayce.....  :eyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are right,,sorry, i was thinking of my next door neighbor, Mr. Edward Cayce!!!..do you believe that? what a coincidence!!!!LOL...