War Of The Worlds

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

I went to see this yesterday with my son and partner. We all thought it should have been a 15 not a 12A, it is extremely dark in places and I loved it.

Note to others... Please use the spoiler BBCode tags if required. Thanks!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest blondton13

My daughter and I liked it~I think the scenes are much more powerful with the Dolby surround sound they have in theaters-or if you have that set-up at home. Great effects, but disappointed in the aliens themselves-no imagination!! Those that see it will recognize the appearance of the aliens from another movie.

Guest Sixpence
Saw this movie last night, what a cool movie.  At times very dark and bleak.  I am not a Tom Cruise fan but he did a good job as a bad father

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw War of the Worlds on July 01, 05 (U.S). There were some very well done special FX, but if one had never read H.G. Wells' novel, I doubt he/she would have really understood what was going on. The movie assumes at least a basic knowledge of the novel.

Says Sixpence

Guest Burnout

I thought the first movie was much better when it came to story telling

The new movie was much better for F/X!

I think it was good to watch once on the big screen, because it will not be all the fun to watch on tv.

Guest chrisnu

Eh, wasn't a big fan of it. The visuals were exciting and it was quite terrifying for the first half of so, but I felt that they really dropped the ball in terms of the alien storyline with the second half.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Particularly the Spielbergian happy ending. Far too cheesy and unbelievable.

Guest lonegungrrly1121
Eh, wasn't a big fan of it. The visuals were exciting and it was quite terrifying for the first half of so, but I felt that they really dropped the ball in terms of the alien storyline with the second half.

Particularly the Spielbergian happy ending. Far too cheesy and unbelievable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I cannot agree more the ending really seemed rushed

and much too idealic. i mean how come the whole street was in ruins but the mother's house was in perfect condition?! they really were there drinking bad tea waiting for it all to blow over.

ANOTHER ASS UP! at the beginning, when ALL electrical equipment doesn't work, even, Ray's watch... there is a fancy shot where some random guy starts to FILM the alien coming from out of the ground. he drops the camera and then we get to look through it and see that IT IS ON AND WORKING. HOW?!?!?!?!?! lol simple boobs like that really annoy me.

the FX were amazing, though it still could have been DARKER! (i love dark lol) like when

there is a real riot over the only working car, and everyone takes the law into their own hands... that scene was really dark and hopless. if there were more of that in the story it would have been amazing

yeah, not as good as i expected, but still well worth watching :bigsmile:

Guest 19:19

I enjoyed it up to the end which Chrisnu already talked about. that was alittle too much for me. also, the son got alittle annoying and the movie became preachy at parts which i have no problem with as long as its a good message. i found it too be an inaccurate analogy, though.

• 5 months later...

I thought this was one of the better War Of The Worlds movies. I do agree that ending felt rushed.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines