First Millennium Experience

Guest zombieromero

Guest ZeusFaber

Right, I see what you're saying about "24" now. I guess it isn't as densely layered as "Millennium", in the sense that every time you watch an episode you can find something new, appreciate it on a new level.

Having said that, "24" is just enjoyable in its own way. Its unpredictability, sensational action, and the conspiratorial twist and turns - particularly in S1. Furthermore, I think Jack Bauer stands out as a really vivid single lead character, almost as much so as Frank Black. I think the two of them are simmilar in many ways, and they would make an awesome combination, Frank profiling and Jack going into the field. Can you imagine Jack showing up in something like "5-2-2-6-6-6"?

Although S4 of "24" had its problems, I'll still be preordering the DVDs like you.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zombie...

Thanks for starting such a wonderful thread!

I was a die hard X Files fan from the very first episode. (never missed a single one!) But when Millennium 1st came out, I saw the first episode... thought it was interesting and different but didn't quite know what to make of it. I was in a very abusive relationship at the time with a sexist, sex-addict pig, and he just LOVED it. That kinda turned me off to it, because he just loved it for the strippers in the 1st episode, so I quit watching it. I kinda turned off in every way then, due to this relationship, and it wasn't 'till 2000, when my best friend told me I should watch it if it ever came on in re-runs again, because she thought I was "like Frank in a lotta ways.", etc She insisted that the show would "change my life", because she saw some ability in me that reminded her of Frank, though I'm not sure why. A few months later, she and her 2 little boys were knifed to death by her husband that she was separated from. I kinda shut down after that. But, just a week after that, I ran into Millennium, being shown on FX. It was "A Single Blade of Grass". When I heard Frank speak of him thinking he'd lost his gift, but that it was coming back, I was hooked.

Sorry for the rambling.... I'm sure I sound a little crazy (mad). I'm still not sure what to make of any of this experience.

Guest lonegungrrly1121
Thanks for the responses guys. I think any first Millennium experience is cool no matter what the situation was. I saw the special offer at my 24hr ASDA too lonegungrrly1121 but I had already bought all three seasons at the time so I was a bit gutted, nevermind.

lonegungrrly1121 which signature was better the first one, or the one I currently have?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi

I like both signatures though the smaller one is probably easier to load for those with a slowr connection. you should upload your collages in the gallery :bigsmile:

Guest zombieromero

Thanks for the replies everyone!

ZeusFaber I agree with your comments on Jack Bauer, I could imagine him showing up in some of the more reality based Millennium episodes like "5-2-2-6-6-6" or trying to stop an outbreak in "The Time Is Now".

Raven Wolf I am almost feeling not worthy of your gratitude towards this thread, given your status on TIWWA. I am pleased you like the thread, and I am glad that many users including yourself appreciate the magnitude that Millennium has in all our lives. I can feel the nostalgia already just from thinking about the first Millennium episode. BTW Raven Wolf, we all ramble in a crazy way sometimes, check out the opening to this thread which I posted!

Thanks lonegungrrly1121 I think I will stick with the smaller one and upload them both to my gallery. Thanks for the feedback.

Keep the comments coming guys and gals.

:ouro:

Guest Regan MacNeil

I used to babysit on Friday nights and the two of us would watch The X-Files together. Then, when Millennium premiered, they bumped The X-Files to Sundays and gave Millennium it's Friday night timeslot (in the U.S., anyway). I was pretty resentful of MM for a long time, but I decided to give it a try. So there we were, the night of the premiere watching Fox when the Pilot episode started. All of the sudden there's strippers and blood dripping down the walls. I got pretty uncomfortable and had to change the channel. I mean, I LOVE horror, but it was a little inappropriate for a five year old to watch. I did keep checking back, however, because I was very curious about the show. I probably warped that poor child's mind with that show :rofl: (Just kidding). Actually, I didn't get to see MM on a regular basis until after I graduated high school and moved out. That's probably why I didn't get hooked until the second season.

Guest zombieromero

I am sure that child will be fine Regan lol :grin:

Yeah I think Millennium went through some scheduling changes over here in the UK too. Can anyone confirm this? Its been a while lol.

Guest canadian girl

Like a lot of you, I am a huge X-Files fan and watched that show religiously. I saw the ads for Millenium and figured I couldn't go wrong, it being a Chris Carter creation. I was hooked instantly and never missed a show.

The DVD releases have reignited my love for Millenium. :bigsmile::bigsmile:

I only remember how shocked I was when they dug up the guy with his eyes and hands sewn. I was hooked.

I remember near the end of season three they advertised only blank number of MMLMM shows left, and thet they kept getting preempted here. I never saw the last few episodes. I really do wish season three would go on sale in the states soon.

The DVD's have allowed me to see that I really was watching a unique show.

"What you do when you think no one is looking is who you are."

Raven Wolf I am almost feeling not worthy of your gratitude towards this thread, given your status on TIWWA. I am pleased you like the thread, and I am glad that many users including yourself appreciate the magnitude that Millennium has in all our lives. I can feel the nostalgia already just from thinking about the first Millennium episode. BTW Raven Wolf, we all ramble in a crazy way sometimes, check out the opening to this thread which I posted!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awwwww..... Don't worry so. I'm just a little bitty 5'2" little wolf. Heeheehee :tongue:

Guest zombieromero

I know I may sound a bit full of myself but damn this is a cool topic lol! :grin:

Anyone else care to share the experiences?