First Millennium Experience

Rate this topic

Guest zombieromero

• Elders (Moderators)

This is how it happened to me, many years ago: I had watched the X-Files occassionally, but I was more interested in MM already beforehand, because I had heard it was ”much darker than the X-Files”. (Now what would J. O. Goopta say about my attitude?)

I had been thinking of the essence of evil for a very long time. You all know what I mean, things like ”What makes people do terrible things to each other? Does the Evil One really exist or is evil something that just breeds in our brains and feeds on our minds?” Etc.

And suddenly, there it was: an incredibly fantastic tv-series, that dealt with those things exactly. Great script, great actors (Lance ”Laser-Eyes” Henriksen… Yes! Yes!), beautiful music.. It’s all there. It was like a flaming arrow straight to my heart.

This summer I’ve been watching MM on dvd, for the first time in so many years, and it has got me again. Can’t get enough of it.

By the way: when I saw the episode Lamentation for the first time, it turned out to be my most frightening tv-experience ever. I was totally petrified. Although I’m not a very religious person, and I like to think I’m not an over-reacting person, either, that night I felt a deep need to say my prayers before going to bed. Just in case, you know.. But isn’ t that what art is really about? It makes you feel something.

Guest Jabina

My first MM experience was the pilot. It was the moment when Franks stands with the polaroids in his hand at the end of the show that really caught me. I liked the show really much and didn't miss one episode.

On the same day I not only became a big MM fan but also a really big Lance Henriksen fan.

Jabina :kissypoo:

Guest PaoloR
My first MM experience was the pilot.

For me, the first episode of 2 season

I liked the show really much and didn't miss one episode.

On the same day I not only became a big MM fan but also a really big Lance Henriksen fan.

Same for me.

:smokin:

And after "Monster", also a big Lara fan :yes:

Guest zombieromero

Yeah Millennium had a way of drawing people in, even it was their first viewing. I remember watching the Pilot(I know I mentioned it in my opening post of this thread) and when Frank saw those polaroids of Jordan and Catherine I swear I jumped off the sofa and just shouted "man this hsow is awesome!!!"

Keep your Millennium experiences coming!

P.S. I'm surprised no wiseguys have said that their first Millennium experience was on 1st of January 2000! Lol!

You know, I'm finding it really hard to recall my first Millennium experience. I remember making a point of watching it on Sky One around the '97 period because I was, as most of us were, a die-hard X-Files fan. I remember liking it, but it never really grabbed me and I stopped tuning in about halfway through Season One. (what can I say, I was young, foolish... :bigsmile: )

Anyway, I remember it was tuning into the Second Season that made me fall in love with the show. Everything about The Hand of St Sebastian & The Mikado especially made me riveted, plus the ending to Roosters, which I still think to be a beautiful piece of television.

Again, I lost interest in Season Three, but I treasure S2 like a child.

Plus, i've noticed a TV phenomenon through this: every show I've ever loved, it's Second Season has been the best. Millennium, X-Files, 24 and now Alias. Is it just me or have others noticed this?...

Guest PaoloR
Plus, i've noticed a TV phenomenon through this: every show I've ever loved, it's Second Season has been the best. Millennium, X-Files, 24 and now Alias. Is it just me or have others noticed this?...

mmmhh... is only you, i believe :grin:

as an example, for 24, the best for me is the 1st season... (i have seen only 1st and 2nd); for X-Files, the best is 4th, for MillenniuM... all :smokin: