Best And Worst Seasons?

Rate this topic

Guest canadian girl

Your favourite Season of the X-Files  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest A Stranger

I think season four is the best season. It was able to develop a mytharc that really worked in an organic waythat was great drama as well as just great sci-fi better than any other year. It has some of my all time favorites and the overall tone is the best. "Paper Hearts" is by far my favorite episode, it , like the season in general, was able to touch on all the elements that made the series great without segementing them in the way they usaully do. I found season four to be the the most serious, sad, and dramatic year.

But it's a close call in some areas.

I would rate it something like: 4, 2, 3, 5, 6, 1, 8, 7, 9

• 4 years later...

Hark! What goes there? A poll I haven't voted on no less. Allow me to rectify that.

I voted for season five but I changed my mind so many times when trying to decide. I couldn't choose between seasons three, four and five but episodes like Bad Blood, Redux 1/ 2, Folie a Deux, The Pine Bluff Variant, Patient X / Red & Black, Detour, The End made season five my gun-to-the-head choice.

I have to say I love them all for one reason or another and the only season I don't enjoy as much as the others is season eight.

It's a very consistent show in terms of entertaining the viewer when you think about it.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

You've voted in EVERY poll here Mark? How many polls are there in total here?! :blink:

I've gone for, and this may be a surprising choice, the sixth season as my favourite season of The X Files. It contains my all time favourite episode ("Drive"). I could say I liked the variety of standalone stories and mytharc episodes, and the move to sunnier California. But then I think of the other seasons and the Vancouver years with the dark, cloudy and rainy locations which I loved.

Hi Richard,

I haven't voted in them all, I just like to think that maybe I have. :whistling:

Couldn't agree with you more about "Drive" I absolutely love that episode and with it every time hoping it will end differently. Vince Gilligan is a superb writer and that really shows in "Breaking Bad" as well as the episodes he did for "The X-Files" and "The Lone Gunmen". "The Rain King" is another favourite of mine as is "Arcadia" "Milagro" and quite a few from that season. That's why it's so hard to pick when it comes to the "X-Files" it really didn't get that much wrong from my perspective.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I do have a fondness for the first season. While I haven't seen all of the episodes, of the ones I've watched there were plenty which I would call classics.