Milennium Dvd Covers

Rate this topic

Guest zombieromero

Guest zombieromero

The Millennium DVD boxsets have come and gone and are now available or soon will be in pretty much every region. So my question is this: Which region got the best cover art?

Personally I think the region 1 cover for season 3 is better than my region 2 version.

Any thoughts?

:ouro:

Guest ZeusFaber

Hard to say.

I think the cover art for Season 1 was just marginally better with the Region 1 version, whereas I prefer my Region 2 covers for Season 2 and 3.

In general, I prefer the fonts used for the headers and footers of the R1 covers. I also prefer the way the selected picture covers a larger area of the package, with less plain space. However, I prefer the actual picture from the R2 slip sleeve for Season 3, and the picture from the R2 interior case for Season 2.

I don't like the way the R2 covers put the large, yellow numbers "2" and "3" inside the Ouroboros of those respective seasons, whereas I prefer the fact that they exclude the disfigured head from the same position on the R1 Season One cover.

In terms of packaging, I prefer the R2 "M-Lock" design rather than the use of separate Amarays for R1.

Bet you didn't expect such a detailed response, eh?

Edited by ZeusFaber

Guest zombieromero

ZeusFaber as always your responses are spot on. I agree with what you have said entirely. The large numbers on the cover art are a bit of a distraction, however the covers for the region 1 releases seem to be a bit more "busy" if you know what I mean, i.e. there is more stuff on them. Personally I think the region 2 covers are subtle enough to create an element of persuasion for non fans of the series and also create an attractive reminder for those who are. The region 1 covers however, seem to attempt to cover every pixel in detail.

Anyone else care to share their opinions.

Guest Sanitarium

I like the R1 covers because they don't have bilingual writings or ugly ratings logos on them.

Guest zombieromero

Dows anyone know why different regions have different covers?

I mean its the same show no matter where you watch it.

Guest lonegungrrly1121

maybe it's so that real fanatics will by both regions just because of the different artwork.... (i don't have region 1 , season 2 of the x files for that very reason or anything... :eyes: lol)

Guest ZeusFaber

The one thing I would say for the R1 covers is that they do appear more textured, perhaps higher resolution. If I could mix the design aesthetic of the R1 covers with the choice of images from the R2 covers, I think it would make the perfect combination.

The R1 S1 cover is near perfect, minus the head from inside the Ouroboros. But for the others, picture this: the R1 S2 background only with the dogs from the front of the R2 inside pack, and the R1 S3 background only with the image of Frank and Catherine in "The Sound of Snow" from the outer R2 sleeve.

Dows anyone know why different regions have different covers?

I think it's only because the different departments (domestic and international sales) are very autonamous, and free to come up with their own designs tha they think will best appeal to their market.

"24" also has different artwork for different regions (and I think R2 got the best deal once again, fortuately for me).

If only they would release a R2 version of "The Lone Gunmen"...

Edited by ZeusFaber

Guest ZeusFaber
(i don't have region 1 , season 2 of the x files for that very reason or anything...  :eyes:  lol)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought all "X-Files" covers were the same in all regions. What's the deal with S2?

Guest lonegungrrly1121
I thought all "X-Files" covers were the same in all regions.  What's the deal with S2?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oops. i meant the new little box set thingys. they all have different artwork. it just so happens that i could only afford season 2. its very silly really, seen as i have the DVD's the videos and now the smaller dvd box sets... but waht can i say? im obsessed :D