My First Millennium Wallpaper

Rate this topic

Guest zombieromero

• Elders (Admins)

These are excellent! Thanks for sharing. Did you know we now have new sections in the Gallery for Wallpapers and fan made images?

How about posting a simple step by step guide for other Members on how to create these collages and wallpapers, using layers etc. Might get some more creative Members posting their creations!

Guest lonegungrrly1121
These are excellent! Thanks for sharing. Did you know we now have new sections in the Gallery for Wallpapers and fan made images?

How about posting a simple step by step guide for other Members on how to create these collages and wallpapers, using layers etc. Might get some more creative Members posting their creations!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that would be great, what software does everyone use? I use Micrografx Picture Publisher, aparently not everyones weapon of choice! If anyone has that i'd be glad to help! speaking of which.... I just made another I'm having a creative streak...

post-1156-1120819879_thumb.jpg

Guest zombieromero

Great idea Old Man!

I would be happy to create a step by step tutorial as I have gather a few tips and tricks over the years.

Can you post a link as to where I should start the thread?

:ouro:

By the way I use Adobe Photoshop for those that were wondering.

Edited by zombieromero

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be wonderful, Graham! Don't you need some special sofware? I don't think there's anything on this laptop. The other computer has the basic Paint program that it came with, but that's it.

that would be great,  what software does everyone use?  I use Micrografx Picture Publisher, aparently not everyones weapon of choice! If anyone has that i'd be glad to help!  speaking of which....  I just made another I'm having a creative streak...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I stated above, I think all there is is the basic Paint program that the Dell came with, and I can't find anything in this one. Both are using Windows XP, if that helps.

Great idea Old Man!

I would be happy to create a step by step tutorial as I have gather a few tips and tricks over the years.

Can you post a link as to where I should start the thread?

By the way I use Adobe Photoshop for those that were wondering.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just downloaded Adobe Reader. Is Adobe Photoshop a free download, too?

That would be wonderful, Graham! Don't you need some special sofware?  I don't think there's anything on this laptop.  The other computer has the basic Paint program that it came with, but that's it.

As I stated above, I think all there is is the basic Paint program that the Dell came with, and I can't find anything in this one.  Both are using Windows XP, if that helps.

I just downloaded Adobe Reader.  Is Adobe Photoshop a free download, too?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not usually. I got Photoshop Starter Edition 2.0 with some of my digital photography software, but it is basically worthless. I believe that with all the bells and whistles it runs around 300-400 dollars...maybe a little less? anyway, someone out there can answer your questions more fully than i....

Guest zombieromero

Yeah Photoshop as its flaws but once you get to grips with its nuances its pretty cool. Its not as complex as applications such as Corel Draw but I think it does the job nicely.

BTW I am working on a couple of tutorials and I should be posting them over the weekend.

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks for taking up the challenge guys! As for where to put them, I guess in this Downloads forum. We'll pin any guides that anyone wants to make and let us know if you want the topics to be closed to prevent replies or not (discussion could be put in seperate topics if you wish to kep the guides neat?).

As for me, I mainly use Paintshop Pro but I have Fireworks and Photoshop standing by!

If you need a free alternative to a proper image program, try The Gimp - I here its very good.

You can get a free months trial of Paint Shop Pro here:

PSP

Photoshop Elements is also good alternative to the massively over priced Photoshop which remains the most popular image editing program despite its cost - makes you wonder doesn't it? :oneeyedwinK Elements retains most of the pro functionality and features. I have used V2 which I got free with a printer or scanner (they usually come with something) but V3 seems to have a complicated interface.

Guest lonegungrrly1121
Thanks for taking up the challenge guys! As for where to put them, I guess in this Downloads forum. We'll pin any guides that anyone wants to make and let us know if you want the topics to be closed to prevent replies or not (discussion could be put in seperate topics if you wish to kep the guides neat?).

As for me, I mainly use Paintshop Pro but I have Fireworks and Photoshop standing by!

If you need a free alternative to a proper image program, try The Gimp - I here its very good.

You can get a free months trial of Paint Shop Pro here:

PSP

Photoshop Elements is also good alternative to the massively over priced Photoshop which remains the most popular image editing program despite its cost - makes you wonder doesn't it? :oneeyedwinK Elements retains most of the pro functionality and features. I have used V2 which I got free with a printer or scanner (they usually come with something) but V3 seems to have a complicated interface.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am definately going to download that trial! that means that i will have to keep putting back my computer's calender a month every month so i can keep the trial open. yes i am a cheap skate! tutorials sound great, ive always wondered how people do some things in their collages

Guest Sixpence
Here it is, my first Millennium wallpaper. Feel free to criticise lol!

edit: Changed the Millennium font to be more legible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the work you have done there. You capture Frank in the pensive posture of hope, yet despair. A face we see quite oftern throughout the series. Can you make it into a jpg file and give us a copy?

Sixpence :ouro: