Into The West

Rate this topic

Guest zombieromero

Guest zombieromero

Has anyone seen or have any insight about Lance's new show "Into The West"? The series looks awesome with Spielberg as Executive Producer its sure to be good. From what I gather its the story of the creation of the West from two perspectives, settlers and Native Americans.

Check out the official website here: Into The West Official Website

:ouro:

Edited by zombieromero

Guest fisbin

WOW - this really looks good....I am upset with myself for missing the 1st 3 EPS...hopefully it will get another full run...being on TNT & all....

There just is not enough quality TV out there to miss this kind of stuff...

Great cast - history - Spielberg....can't miss.

LL&P - fisbin

:cry:

BEER-----> I have been watching this show (ITW) since it started. They show it Friday, Saturday & Sunday - each episode. Lance is in this week's episode -- so get out and watch it.

BELCH

Guest zombieromero

To be honest I am not a fan of historical shows but it was the fact that Lance was in it and it was produced by Spielberg that drew me in.

To my surprise the show looks fantastic, kind of like "Saving Private Ryan" but set in the old west.

From what I have seen so far it has the same kind of feel as shows like "Deadwood".

Anyone else seen any?

Spielberg never doesn't anything half-ass. Too bad Lance plays a greedy almost robber baron type. I do get confused sometimes on the family tree and keeping everyone straight as to their branch. Nice that Spielberg finally brought to life some of the atrocities that were committed in the name of expansion. :unclesam:

I saw the first few shows, but it is not on here this weekend for some reason.

I wonder if it is my bias or if the natives are shown as much wiser and nicer than the "Americans"? There are good and bad people in all groups, and no one group owns the award for being the most despictable towards other people.

BEER----> Watched the last ep. Lance had a good 'meaty' role. Yup, a sort of bad guy. He even got to throw a few things around.

Regarding the Indians perspective, this is not a historical movie, it's a Hollywood movie. We can get pretty 'Politically Correct' out here on the Left Coast.

But, all in all I like the series very much. BTW, just got back from the movies, went to see "War of The Worlds". One word - Awesome. See it.

BELCH

Guest zombieromero

The show does seem to be w winner but there are very few bad television shows out today. Most tv shows in the past few years have been awesome and the bar has certainly been raised.

BTW beerbelch, War Of The Worlds is absolutely awesome, I saw it over the weekend with my brother. Looks like another cool DVD to add to my collection when it comes out.

:ouro:

• 11 months later...
Guest Janset

I recently watched the 4th episode of "Into the west" called "Hell on wheels" with Lance Henriksen and I wish to know if he appears in another episode.