What Did Everyone Think?

Rate this topic

Guest zombieromero

Guest zombieromero

How come it was released in the UK first? Usually it’s the other way around. I've had all three seasons since before Christmas.

I got the impression that it was bigger in the UK, is this true?

:ouro:

Guest lonegungrrly1121
How come it was released in the UK first? Usually it’s the other way around. I've had all three seasons since before Christmas.

I got the impression that it was bigger in the UK, is this true?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In regards to release dates, this in the first time I have ever been greatful to be British :gaba: Now I wish they'd hurry up and release it in the US etc so we can all have a good chat about it online :bigsmile:

Guest zombieromero

Too true lonegungrrly1121 I've lost count how many time I had to wait months for a DVD, Game, etc. Now its us Brits turn to get things first!!! Lol!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest A Stranger

I think it ended alright. But I think if the writers came together a little better it could have ended much better. "Seven and One" seems to have all the elements that are lacking from the actual finale. It's too bad they couldn't have found a way to tie it all together in one solid story. It's done well but it still seems like there conflicting ideas going on still that plauged the entire season. I have to say though, that the confrontation with Frank and Lucas Barr at the end is intense. "I always had it in me, didn't I?" to which Frank replies "We do , we all do." Beautiful.

I think it ended alright. But I think if the writers came together a little better it could have ended much better. "Seven and One" seems to have all the elements that are lacking from the actual finale. It's too bad they couldn't have found a way to tie it all together in one solid story. It's done well but it still seems like there conflicting ideas going on still that plauged the entire season. I have to say though, that the confrontation with Frank and Lucas Barr at the end is intense. "I always had it in me, didn't I?" to which Frank replies "We do , we all do." Beautiful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am sure that it was EXTREMELY difficult for Carter, M&W to maintain continuity including an ending that would have appealed to all due to the network shirts and ties perpetually jerking their chains in regards to "yes, there will be another season" or "sorry, its over after Goodbye to All That"

With Millennium's future on the Fox network uncertain yet again at the close of another season, writers Ken Horton and Chip Johannessen were forced to script an episode that would serve as both an effective season finale and a potential series finale. Ultimately, "Goodbye to All That" became the latter. The episode was not advertised as Millennium's last until moments before it first aired, at 9:00pm on Friday, May 21, 1999.

....how can anyone in their right mind deal with such inconsistencies and pressures without leaving a few concepts unanswered...for example, was there ever any real finality to the enigma of Lucy Butler? How about Jordan? saying we are all shepards really did nothing to highlight the maturation of her "gift"...I think everyone involved did their absolute best to bring sufficient closure, however, too many questions unfortunately remained unanswered....perhaps we shall one day have those answers via a movie or possibly another short series....

Till the Last Change...Be Done..

The Fourth Horseman

other than being irritated that it was ending at all, i thought the finale was awesome, i could not believe they wacked peter watts???? he was my favorite character of the show but i had a feeling it was coming in the last few episodes, no way the group could have let him walk away knowing all he did, as for what happened to frank and jordan? well who knows, if there was a character that could have stayed one step ahead of them, frank would be that character, i would like to think he either 1)went straight to the media and blew the whistle on the whole thing or 2)living comfortably under assumed names but the group has a way of tracking people down now dont they?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wepwawet
What are everone's opinions on the way in which Millennium ended? Personally I think it went out in a very dignified manner, unlike a lot of today's tv shows. For example, I was dissapointed with the season finale of Angel which felt like a rushed episode which ended in what seemed like the middle of a scene. Millennium ended with an rich and easily definable finish which could be continued but doesn't have to be in terms of its story. I would like to see more Millenniumthough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, as I sat down to watch the last few episodes of S3 earlier this week, I'm glad I found this thread...while my thoughts are still clear in my mind!

Starting from 'Nostalgia', I worked my way through to the X-Files crossover on the DVD set. I do agree with another post that mentions 'Nostalgia' as being a last look at the way 'Millennium' used to be - a thought which I considered at the time - a straightforward murder/mystery with the usual amount of human interest attached, and a step back from all the intrigue and cosmic paranoia.

'Via Dolorosa' had us wondering how the season would end - I know we had been looking for more of a 'Millennium-istic' conclusion, something to wrap up all the cosmic and spiritual threads, rather than just another psycho on the loose- until it occurred to me that this was referencing a character from the start of Season 1! And yes, my poor mind started to ache as I fought to think back to episodes I had watched 6 months ago...but was relieved to see the 'to be continued' subtitle, assuring us that this story was only half-way through. But it was with trepidation that I started to watch the final episode, wondering if we would ever have any revelations at all, or just more frustrating hints and maybes?

All in all, I was very satisfied by the conclusion. No, it wasn't an ending - not in any way conclusive - but still a better conclusion than I had feared. A few of the threads did seem to be tidied up, for me at least. The Group have basically become God, or Frankensteins...their power is outweighing their ability to control it...and this ability is clearly setting in motion some form of apocalypse, the one Peter insists is impending, yet which Frank still denies (probably due to hisabiding love for his daughter)...who can forget the look of dread and terror on Frank's face at the end of 'Force Majeure' where Katherine announces her plans for Jordan's future - as he wonders if she will have any future at all in the light of what he has recently discovered...?

Watching the interviews on the DVD make it clearer why 'Goodbye to All That' didn't wrap up as much as we might have hoped for. Nobody really knew if the series would continue, and that uncertaintity has made the ending of S3 deliberately 'in the balance'. It was their intention to put some kind of closure on the character and on themes begun at the start of S1, and I respect that. Yes, it's a big 'what if' over what S4 would have brought...but in my opinion, I think they stopped production at the right place. Plotlines, characters and threads were getting just too mind-blowingly complicated over S3. Even S1 had unfinished business (Brad Dourif taking off with a busload of people into...where??) Looking at how things were going, we would have potentially ended up with an imitation 'X-Files' series, full of conspiracies, FBI backstabbing, 'Millennium Group' mad scientists and Men In Black everywhere...or else a full-on supernatural 'angels beating up demons' angle. Or some combination thereof. Which may not have been bad in itself, but certainly far removed from what Carter first wrote about in 'Pilot'. Henriksen & Carter both express doubts over how S3 panned out, so we're left wondering if Carter would have seized back some executive control over S4 to get things back on track, or just allowed it to go rampaging off into the night, like a runaway train...

The other problem being with any TV show that is written by many writers. People write their versions of characters and events, and this leaves fans banging their heads off walls trying to rationalise everything. When there is no central, creative control element, individuals go off on wild tangents that may or not better the show as a whole, introducing their own hang-ups, passions, and unique spin on characters and storylines. Then the fans are left, wondering if it's part of some 'bigger scheme' - or just lousy continuity...Dr Who fans have been doing this for decades, trying to justify and fill in the gaps between contradictory plotlines...ask any 'Who-oid' to explain the chronology of the Daleks or the Cybermen, and you may well suffer physical violence. And that's BEFORE the new series started.........

And the X-Files episode? Well, I almost decided against watching this back-to-back with the end of S3, having heard very bad things about it. It was my Mum who persuaded me to run it, as she is a potential X-Files fan in the making..! And never having seen any X-Files in the past, I was curious, at least, to see what I'd deliberately missed over all those years...

I actually really enjoyed it. Because I went in with no high expectations about it, I was pleasantly surprised, on a purely entertainment level. Yes, it was hokey and had 'B-Movie' plot elements. No, it didn't tell very much more about Frank post-FBI or the Group - I certanly don't believe that he really succeeded in 'bringing them down', even at the expense of his own career - but it was sure nice to see how he handled the 'true' millennium, and I thought he interacted well with the other agents. Plus, he got to act like the cavalry at the end and actually save someone's life... Of course, Scully's assertion that the milleniumistic dates are purely arbitrary means it is certainly feasible for the character to return again - prophecies and apocalyptic writings from around the world put the end of the world later into the 21st century - in the 2010s, the 2030s, etc....as I recall, the Aztec prophecies and 'world cycles' give about 10-15 years to go.

But on the other hand, Jordan must be in her teens by now. Can anyone out there imagine... 'Millennium: The Next Generation' ?????

Maybe some things are best left as they are!