Constantine

Guest Nadeen

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 19:19

comics are a hell of a lot better. movie was decent. they strayed too much from the comics which i thought i would hate. yet, i did enjoy the movie. it is really not similar to the comics. i will by it, the 2-disc version actually.

1 thing that bothered me the most:

SPOILER BELOW

he gum scene at the end. it was great b/c in the comic he went all this way to stop himself from dieing of the lung cancer and staying alive then continues doing what he always does. that includes being a chain smoker.

Guest lonegungrrly1121

I thought this movie was pretty cool, but not as good as i thought it was going to be. I didn't know that it was originally a comic... i think it was left pretty open ended, do is there enough left in the story for there to be a sequel?

I thought this movie was pretty cool, but not as good as i thought it was going to be. I didn't know that it was originally a comic...  i think it was left pretty open ended, do is there enough left in the story for there to be a sequel?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they have a lot of stories they can tell from the comics, so a sequel should be definate. the comic is called hellblazer with John being a blonde brit from the punk ages. the comic takes place in england and john doesn't have any powers(like seeing angels & demons). he just hangs around the underworld of magic and has become a legend among them. the whole story in the movie about why he is going to hell is wrong. he is going to hell b/c he tried to exorcise a demon out of a little girl and ended up damning her to hell. he's responsible for her death.

Guest Burnout

Eek,

I am glad I did not read the comic--that would total suck that they revamp the story that way. Like most people do with books into movies--they really never stick to the story line, and make up a new one with different people and places..lol! basically they just sold he title, and not the story.

Sorry for that little rant, I really don't know where I was going with it..lol!!

"basically they just sold he title, and not the story. "

true, except for the fact that the comic is called hellblazer. it is a good movie though. hollywood needs to start respecting the comic book material and stop pretending to know what people want.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines