Black Is Black

Rate this topic

I was trolling around The Millenium Abyss website till i found a bit of info that i didnt know about. Chris Carters last name use to be Black and it somehow got turned into Carter, so the last name Black is based on his family. The name Catherine came from his mom's name., and all along i thought he used the name Frank Black from the rock group The Pixies

WOW! COOL! What part of the Abyss did you find that on, Joe? I'd love to read it!

Yeah, Graham, I'd aways heard it was from the guy in the Pixies, too.

I'd noticed he had a thing for the name Catherine. "Dana Catherine Scully"!

Guest Copper1234
WOW!  COOL!  What part of the Abyss did you find that on, Joe?  I'd love to read it!

Yeah, Graham, I'd aways heard it was from the guy in the Pixies, too. 

I'd noticed he had a thing for the name Catherine.  "Dana Catherine Scully"!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well i did some searching and found that" Catherine" is Chris Carters mothers name.fyi

https://www.carterphile.com/ChrisBio.html

and used promintly in X files

also I heard that he got it from both the pixies and his family name ...IMDB also advies the Pixie name of Black linked to CC

"Chris Carter named the main character Frank Black after the former lead singer of Indie/Rock band The Pixies."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115270/trivia

But I also deffiently heard that CC family name used to be Black some where in his lineage..now I have to find it..doh..

could of sworn it was on season 1 dvd,...

Edited by Copper1234

Guest Copper1234

Found it.. a brief description of the 1st 2 episodes that were quoted in the Abyss..

"As on The X-Files with Mulder and Scully, Mulder being my mother's maiden name, Scully being the name of Vin Scully, Millennium has the lead character Frank Black. Black actually should have been my name, the family name changed from Black to Carter in some mysterious episode in my history that I still don't know much about. So my name should actually be Chris Black. Catherine is my mother's name, so Catherine Black gets her name from my mother, so there are little nods to my own family history on Millennium as there are on The X-Files."

https://www.fourthhorseman.com/Abyss/Essays/ess003.htm

knew I heard that before Joe..had to find it..hope ya dont mind ..

Edited by Copper1234

WOW! Thanks for that!!! I'd wondered about the names, etc. for years!

In fact, since I'm from Georgia, I noticed how much Georgia is mentioned in The X Files. So, I'd often wondered if he was somehow related to President Jimmy Carter, who was from Georgia.

Nice to know the Truth! It's out there!

Guest Copper1234

Thanks for Joe for finding that stuff....It was interesting when I read it...but what could CC have meant by saying that his name changed for some unkown reason...From Black to Carter is a wild change...Just found it odd..

Copper

"Theres no such thing as ghosts"

THe Curse of Frank Black